Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to have an indicator use two price scales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to have an indicator use two price scales?

Configuration allows controlling where to put an indicator's price scale. As far as I know, that is just one setting for the entire indicator.

MACD is a good example of an indicator that should be able to split that up. For some parameter settings, the MACD value range is far, far more than the histogram range. As a result the histogram is not very useful in such cases. How could one write the indicator such that one could put the MACD scale on one side, and the histogram scale on the other? My presumption is that would allow viewing both quite reasonably.

Yes, I realize that one could handle this specific case by plotting two MACD indicators in the same panel -- configure one to just show histogram, and put the scale on one side; configure the other to just show MACD lines, with the scale on the other side.

My question remains -- how to achieve that effect with a single instance of a single indicator.

Thanks,
    EV

EV, you are correct in understanding, to get two scales you would have to use two independent indicators as an indicator could only have one scale.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes