Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Swing Plotted Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing Plotted Values

I have spent an extraordinary amount of time trying to figure this out. I hope someone can help me. I am trying to get the plotted values of the Swing indicator.
    Swing(3).SwingHigh[idx] sometimes returns a value that is not plotted. I assume this is because the Swing high is not yet validated and sometimes price continues to climb and the SwingHigh is never plotted. How can I get the values that are showing on the chart? I have tried using Swing(3).SwingHighBar(0,1,100) , but it also returns values that never get plotted because they get broken by a new high. Thanks, Tony

Tony, there would be an expected difference of what's plotted at a specific time visually on the chart by the swing indicator vs what could be accessed programmatically at that time, that's due to the nature of the swing indicator which will update as new price info is seen realtime - therefore more a visual tool helping traders to identify the current swing structure.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There must be a way to get the value of what is plotted, yes?

Comment

Thought due to its nature it can be challenging to work with, the values could be accessed, however likely not at the time you would expect them to when comparing to the visual directly plotted outcome of the main indicator.

What could be accessed is the # of bars ago the swing value was found for a given instance and at which price level this occurred.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I will take the Swing Indicator and create a custom indicator and try to store the plotted values in a new data series. I am a professional C# programmer, but not much experience with NinjaScript. I guess I know what I am doing for Easter .. Thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Pattontje  
          Started by abdo22, Yesterday, 03:15 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton