Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

WinForms text indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WinForms text indicator

Hello. I want to add winforms application to text indicator. When user adds indicator on chart winforms app starts. How i can do it?
    Last edited by Eddard; 04-15-2014, 10:37 AM.

Hello Eddard,

This would be outside of our Supported methods to accomplish something like this.

With that said, I can try to point you in the right direction to help you get started with this if you would like to proceed.

So there is another users who has created a Notes Panel, that will create a window that you can use as an example at the following link.

As to check for an Indicator, you may try to use the "ChartControl.Indicators" object for something like that.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      Hello Eddard,

This would be outside of our Supported methods to accomplish something like this.

With that said, I can try to point you in the right direction to help you get started with this if you would like to proceed.

So there is another users who has created a Notes Panel, that will create a window that you can use as an example at the following link.

As to check for an Indicator, you may try to use the "ChartControl.Indicators" object for something like that.
      I made the test app. It in attach. However at start for some reason there is a creation of several streams, 3 log files( not one?) are created. Why so occurs and how it avoid?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Eddard,

I believe this is going to be due to the fact that Initialize() can be called more than once which is creating new files since you are changing the name of the file by a seconds increment.

So you may either remove the write log for this or change the name so it is not creating a new file if Initialize is called after 1 second.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
          Hello Eddard,

I believe this is going to be due to the fact that Initialize() can be called more than once which is creating new files since you are changing the name of the file by a seconds increment.

So you may either remove the write log for this or change the name so it is not creating a new file if Initialize is called after 1 second.
          Problem not in log file. Problem - why several initialize are caused? It must be one initialize for my app.

Comment

Hello Eddard,

Initialize is can be called several times due to how NinjaTrader processes events. If you want only a single instance called in NinjaScript before your script runs you may just want to use OnStartUp().

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post junkone
            by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM