Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

percentage average and current volume relation for daily and also intraday bars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

percentage average and current volume relation for daily and also intraday bars.

Hi:

Can you point me to some good average volume and current volume indicators that also have the ability to show percentages in relation to each other for the following:

Both should should be able to show daily average volume for the past 14 trading days (averages to have the ability to calculate averages off daily data no matter if the current time from or bar type is 5 min, 60 min, renko, range etc). This way a true volume abnormality above 125 to 150% for example can be detected that deviates from the average of the last 14 trading days (for example).
    1. Daily Indicators that shows both the average daily volume and actual current volume. Looking for something that I can see that a instrument is trading on 125 or 150% more volume (as an example) than the average daily volume?

2. Intraday indicator (if same as above ok) that will show the average volume for a particular bar (whatever time frame or bar type it is set to . . . 5 min, range, renko, 60 min, weekly, etc etc etc) and what that particular bar is currently doing in terms of volume if it ins for example 125 ro 150% of the normal volume for that particular bar at that particular moment.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by birdog; 04-22-2014, 10:44 AM.

Hello birdog,

Thank you for your post.

Please see my response at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...108#post372108

Comment

You might have a look at the Relative Volume indicator here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

It calculates the relative volume for an interval (for example 5 min) by comparing that volume to the volume for the same interval on the preceding 10 or 20 weeks. The relative volume takes into account the day of week, for example the volume of Wednesday from 3:05 PM to 3:10 PM will compared to the volume of that same 5 min bars for all preceding Wednesdays only.

Comment

Hi @Harry

Yea. I really like that indicator. However, does it run on unirenko, renko, range, line break etc? I use unirenko a lot. Can it be adapted to run on non-time based charts such as the above? If so, that would be perfect I believe.

Thanks Harry for your input.

Originally posted by Harry View Post
        You might have a look at the Relative Volume indicator here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

It calculates the relative volume for an interval (for example 5 min) by comparing that volume to the volume for the same interval on the preceding 10 or 20 weeks. The relative volume takes into account the day of week, for example the volume of Wednesday from 3:05 PM to 3:10 PM will compared to the volume of that same 5 min bars for all preceding Wednesdays only.

Comment

Originally posted by birdog View Post
          Hi @Harry

Yea. I really like that indicator. However, does it run on unirenko, renko, range, line break etc? I use unirenko a lot. Can it be adapted to run on non-time based charts such as the above? If so, that would be perfect I believe.

Thanks Harry for your input.
          If you compare volume, you cannot compare a volume of a tick or Renko bar to the volume of other tick and Renko bars a few days ago. Even for a 1-minute range the comparison does not contain any valid information.

If you wish to determine relative volume on range, Renko or other bar types based on ticks, then you would need to perform calculations based on minute bars. The indicator would need to load a secondary bar series of N-min bars and then display the result on the range or Renko chart.

I am not aware that such a multi-timeframe indicator exists. The Relative Volume indicator as per link should only be applied to minute bars.

Comment

Ok. Thanks Harry!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM