Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Improvements to FoM Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improvements to FoM Indicator

This indicator, based on an article in April 2014 TASC Magazine, was recently posted in the downloads section.

This is an example of how to recode an indicator to improve performance by eliminating dependencies on external classes and by not performing, on every tick, operations only required on the first tick of a bar.

The custom methods that were added to replace the calls to the MAX, MIN, and StdDev classes need to keep track of variables that are specific to each of the different callers. Arrays of DataSeries, doubles, and integers are used to accomplish that. Each caller has its own integer key to make sure that it uses its own reserved set of variables. That' is what makes this whole idea workable. For me this is a proof of concept more than anything else.

Image compares the new version FoM2 to the original one. The outputs are not identical, there are discrepancies of about .0.2% of the magnitude of the output, I am not sure why.
    Attached Files

Hello Ricam,

Thank you for your post.

I will investigate this matter further and follow up with you shortly.

Comment

Obviously the two Plot Colors should be user selectable and serializable. That certainly should be changed on the version posted for downloading.

I am not overly concerned about the inconsequential discrepancies between this version and the original. The new (to me, anyway) concepts used in this indicator seem to be sound.
      Last edited by Ricam; 04-29-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Hello Ricam,

Thank you for your response.

I am not sure what the difference here is either, but your code and output seem sound on my end as well. For color inputs this can easily be added to the current indicator via the instructions at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4977

You can share your updated version of this indicator on the NinjaTrader Support Forum File Sharing section if you would like: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

And thanks for your input on the posted indicator, I will forward this along to see if we will update the current file.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred