Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MultiSeries with Tick data loading time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MultiSeries with Tick data loading time

Is there any way to limit the number of days of tick data that are loaded in a multi series indicator?

I have an indicator that only uses the last week of tick data on some of my charts, but i want to see the daily bars going back further. Is there any way to prevent loading of more than 1 week of tick data when the chart loads? It sometimes takes up to 1 minute if I want to see the last 6 months of data.

habibalex, unfortunately this could not be specified through the Add(0 you would use, the primary series would be the governing factor here for the load range settings.

For our next major release we're considering to increase flexibility in this area.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a way to read the ninjatrader database that stores the tick data? i can align all the data myself by bar timestamps

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for your response.

You can achieve this by adding a PeriodType.Tick with a value of one to the script and then calling the Closes[1][0] or Times[1][0]. For information on multiple time frames in your script please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm

Comment

That defeats the purpose of what i want to do. I want to directly read the db and only pull the necessary information from it. It can take up to 1 minute to load 180 days of tick data. Sometimes i need more than 365 days. My indicator is very resource intensive so I'm trying to cache the results in a separate file. I am able to load that file now. I only need the latest day or two of tick data as that will be new data that hasn't been cached yet.

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, there would be no methods or functions supported and documented to access the database directly and only when needed.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 05-08-2014, 08:19 AM.

Comment

When I load a chart, some of that data is stored in the db\tick\{Insturment Name} folder. I am able to access that correctly, but it looks like it doesn't contain all the tick data that ninja displays on the chart. For data that is not stored in that folder it looks like it is cached in the \db\cache folder.

It looks like it is {SessionName}.{Timezone}\tick\{Instrument Name}\Tick-1-1-Last-Minute-1-Close-Tick.{Date Start}.{Date End}.Last.ntd. Is the remaining tick data stored in that file?

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for your patience.

The current data would be in memory (not stored on the hard drive at (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7). The data is only added to the database when you reload historical data. However, you can enable 'Save chart data as historical' under Tools > Options > Data, this will save the incoming data as historical upon it being received.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                15 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive  
                Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB