Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data in Market analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data in Market analyzer

Hello,

I am working on an indicator in which I will be using data of many instruments e.g. All S&P. I can't use Add method to data for some reason therefore I am using GetBar method and it is taking a long to pull data. Is there any way we can pull the data quickly?

A part of my indicator is similar to NT market analyzer so I want to ask how Market analyzer is able to pull data so quickly?

Thanks,
    Wajeeha

Wajeeha, a few items that come to mind -

- MA per default would only load the last 50 bars
    - normally loading is speeded up here as data is preloaded in MA when you have your instrument list for example added and then an indicator column running that would pull in the data.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was not able to fully understand your point. Following is a summary of my above stated question:

1- Market analyzer is very quick in pulling instrument data whereas my indicator it is taking long to pull data of 2000 instruments. So I want to ask is market analyzer using some different technique to pull data or there is something similar to Add or GetBar method we usually use to get instrument data?

Hope my question is clear.

Thanks,
      Last edited by Wajeeha; 05-06-2014, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Hello Support,

I didn't get any reply after my last message. Just to remind following was my question
        Is market analyzer using some different technique to pull data or there is something similar to Add or GetBar method we usually use to get instrument data?

Hoping for a positive response.

Thanks,
        Wajeeha

Comment

Sorry for me delay in replying Wajeeha, as you know already from prior discussions on the same topic that the GetBar call is undocumented and internal only. The Market Analyzer will access cached data you have stored per the session template used for the symbol and if you run your symbols with an indicator study added here you will pull in the historical data to speed up loading performance for those symbols (also in other parts of the platform such as charts). However with your GetBar you would fully load the data request always, as such I would strongly consider the supported Add() way.

Comment

Thank you for replying.

Due to my indicator requirement I can't use Add method and there is no other way except GetBar method to pull data that's why I am using this method.

Is there any way I can access the cached data which is used by the Market analyzer?

Just to confirm one more thing that Ninja does not support parallel processing (multi threading) in loading/pulling data. Correct?

Thanks,

Comment

Wajeeha, unfortunately I could not offer any further pointers here accessing the cache. The pivots indicator would show a way to async call the GetBars outside the main thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Javierw.ok  
              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes