Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Sine Wave indicator VS EhlersSineWave indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sine Wave indicator VS EhlersSineWave indicator

i am very confused about using the indicator.
    by definition, lead sine wave line cross above the sine wave line, go short,
    lead sine wave line cross below the sine wave line, go long,
    but when i test these two indicators, they are showing me different signals. sine wave indicator shows go long but ehlers sine wave indicator shows go short. aren't these two indicators supposed to be similar to each other? Did anyone try those indicatores out before? i have both indicators, which one should i use if i want to choose one?
    thanks for the help
    Last edited by peterhxu7; 05-13-2014, 10:03 PM.

Hi Peter, I would suggest to check into this thread on our forums where the indicator and it's variants floating around have been discussed extensively - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=16175
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Peter,

I have been playing with 3 sinewaves lately. I have the BetterSineWave from EminiWatch, the Ehlers CyberneticsAnalysis and Ehlers RocketScience versions.

The BetterSineWave is the best I feel. It is very very close to the original RocketScience version. I find the CyberneticsAnalysis version is quite good on renko and non time based bars.

In this free version attached, trade around the support and resistance lines depending on whether it is in a trending or cyclic mode. In cyclic mode you can short below a resistance line or buy at the support line. In trend mode ie. when price breaks up out of the resistance line it is a trend long, go short when price breaks below the support line. Of course this is very very simplified, you should only use this as a guide.

The key is to use this indicator in multiple timeframes. You should go to Barry's Emini Watch website and watch his videos on the sinewave. There are two possible ways to trade this MTF way:

Trend trade:
      1. Higher timeframe is in trend mode up....say Weekly. (bullish trend)
      2. Buy when the Daily has a cyclic turn at support level (pullback)

Cyclic fade:
      1. Higher timeframe Weekly is making a cyclic resistance turn (bearish).
      2. Go short when the Daily has had a good trend up but is reaching a "5th wave" and a daily cyclic turn is happening.

Of course this is very very simplified, you should only use this as a guide.

I would seriously look at buying Barry's sinewave as it contains paintbars to help with trend trades.
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks everyone

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM