Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Serializaton Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serializaton Error

Hi,

I'm getting the below serialization error when I try to save my workspace, but I can't figure out from that error what it is in my indicator that is causing the error. My indicator has a windows form in it, I'm guessing its got something to do with that, but is there any way to track down more accurately what the cause might be?

Thanks,
    Will.

2014-05-18 16:55:35:802 Gui.Chart.ChartControl.SaveToXml: indicator=NinjaTrader.Indicator.WillsBacktestAssis t: System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
    error CS0272: The property or indexer 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.WillsBacktestAssist.CursorP osition' cannot be used in this context because the set accessor is inaccessible

at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAsse mbly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMap ping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTem pAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
    at NinjaTrader.Cbi.XmlSerializerDictionary.get_Item(T ype type)
    at NinjaTrader.Cbi.Serializer.Serialize()
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.SaveToXml(XmlDo cument doc, XmlElement element, String[] elements, Boolean asTemplate)
    Last edited by dontpanic; 05-18-2014, 01:05 AM.

Hello dontpanic,

Thank you for your post.

Serialization errors can occur when a property has not been serialized, this is common in colors that are user defined variables. You can find information on serializing colors at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4977

For the error CS0272, which is also in relation to properties, please visit the following link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.90).aspx

Comment

Thanks,
      I was able to find the offending protected set and remove it. The code that was causing it isn't mine, I borrowed it, so I'm not 100% sure what effect the change will have. Is it possible to tell NT not to serialize that variable, as an alternative fix?

Thanks,
      Will.

Comment

Hi Will, we're glad to hear that. Would suggest to look into the XmlIgnore attribute - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.90).aspx
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, XmlIgnore did the trick.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive  
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM