Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volume Coding Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello ginx10k,

You can certainly use the values from another series for an indicator and then plot that on a chart of your choosing. I will post the steps but we also have a video on our YouTube channel called "adding a hidden data series" that essentially is the process you would want.

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to plot an indicator based off of one data series, overlay it onto another...

Here are the steps:
    • Create a new chart using the instrument you want to see so USD/JPY
    • Next add the second instrument you want to use so the 6J
    • Click ok and create the chart, you will have two charts plotted at the moment
    • Open the indicator panel to add the indicator you want
    • Configure the indicator to your liking, Once you are done locate the Input Series field in Indicator Properties
    • Click in the box where the text is and a (...) button will appear to the right
    • Click this button and this will open a panel listing all of the available data series contained in the chart
    • From this list locate the 6J and Select the Close or whichever you will be basing the indicator off of.
    • Click Ok, then click ok again in the indicators panel

You will now have two chats plotted, one for the FOREX pair, and the other for the Futures instrument.
    For hiding the data series and having only the forex pair please see the video as that is a little easier to follow.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Leave a comment:

• ginx10k
    started a topic Volume Coding Indicator

Volume Coding Indicator

Hey guys, I would like to add the Volume from a Futures contract into a FOREX chart using my own indicator. I've seen it done on other sites, but can't figure out how they do it.

Here's the First Goal. To put my indicator on a USD/JPY (just for example) chart, and have it read the Volume from 6J.

Can someone show me how to do this.

Thank you!!

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
16 responses
0 likes
Last Post Leafcutter  
Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
2 responses
0 likes