Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

digital Volume indicator wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digital Volume indicator wanted

hi, is there a Volume indicator that will display the number of
    contracts traded based on the time frame chart it's attached to ?

would display as a number somewhere on the Input Series panel
    Calculate on bar close True/False

Hello tradr,

The included VOL indicator (Volume) will show the number of contracts traded for a bar. This bar can be based on a time, or volume, or amount of ticks.

Is this not what you are looking for?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Chelsea for your fast reply, but you've missed the
      main point - digital indicator - in the Input Series window, not
      a bar graph but numerals only that begin a new count with the
      start of each new price bar - space saver

maybe someone who can code will code one and post it, hmmmmm

Comment

Hi tradr,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are looking for?

Are you wanting a VOL indicator that plots the volume number above or below the bar instead of a histogram?

If so, there is not one that exists, but I created an indicator that does this as an example for you.
        Attached Files

Comment

hi Chelsea. thank you for taking the time and trouble to code the VOLOnBarExample

have to say I admire your coding ability, something I'll never be able to do

what I wanted was a single read-out of the running total of contracts traded until
          that price bar closes
          with the new bar the count begins again - as you've done with the VOLOnBarExample, but
          the number would be located (usually) at the top left corner, for that bar only

the attached illustrates what I'm referring to as digital indicator, Rollover Volume,
          SignalBars, and how I see the SingleBarVol on the chart
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi tradr,

To clarify you are trying to find the aggregated volume of the currently building bar. Is this correct?

Attached is a script that does this.

In the future, I would recommend contacting a professional NinjaScript Consultant to create your scripts.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/Ecosystem/NonBroker.php#81
            Attached Files

Comment

hi Chelsea. the BuildingBarVolumeExample doesn't work, unless I'm haven't
              set something correctly in the Parameters list, the count just sits at 0

I've had no luck with Consultants, but I only had a mickey mouse job - add
              code that would start a count from the user's entered hh:mm rather than the
              beginning of the session, don't think they want to know unless it's a job they
              can charge multi hundred's for

I think it's in NT's interest to do - what appears to me to be relatively simple
              coding. I had the TimeLines indicator - NT doesn't have a Channel tool and
              this indicator is a compromise, anyway it wouldn't load onto Panel 2
              I posted a help request and Bertrand just wrote a TimeLines Indicator Panel
              indicator and that indicator's been downloaded 419 times to date

so there's a definite benefit to NT and NT users when NT staff do assist or
              outright code something, just as long as it gets posted in the NT libraries and
              maybe a post to say a new * * * has been there posted there

another question:
              I was going to try and change an indicator, can't remember now which one or
              what I wanted to try and change, but in the Edit Code there's no Save As, so
              how do I Save a version 2 of an indicator ? don't want to screw up the original

Comment

Hello tradr,

I have created a quick video demonstrating this indicator.
                http://screencast.com/t/ollbjGlB

I can assure that the indicator works as described in my last post.

In the support department at NinjaTrader we do not create or modify code for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

We do have a large ecosystem available to help you with programming logic questions. You can post on our forum and ask the other 40,000+ forum members.
                http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

You can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be eager to assist you with your script.
                http://www.ninjatrader.com/Ecosystem/NonBroker.php#81

I have created this indicator for you because it appeared to be very simple and would only take a minute to create and I wanted to provide you with a working example that you can use. However, moving forward you will need to consult a professional to have scripts created for you.

That said, there is a MAEnvelopes indicator that uses moving averages for a channel. Is this not what you are looking for?

Also, there is a Trend Channel drawing tool. Is this also not what you are looking for?

Regarding copying an indicator, there should be a Save As in the right-click context menu. May I have a screenshot of this right-click menu to ensure that the Save As is not available?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link
                http://take-a-screenshot.org/
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 05-28-2014, 12:31 PM.

Comment

hey Chelsea. my error, I meant Cycle tool, not Channel tool
                  the TimeLines indicators are a substitute for a Cycle tool missing from NT

yes, 'doesn't work', I'd set the BuildingBar to 'Calculate on bar close' False
                  I looked in the code but couldn't see how to change the font size or color
                  do you have another minute available to write the code for doing that ?

SaveAs, aaah, rt-clk the context menu, who knew

Comment

Hi tradr,

This indicator is reset each time OnBarUpdate is run. If the script is run with Calculate on bar close as false, the counter will stay at 0.

I have recoded the indicator so that you are not able to change the Calculate on bar close.

Please try this newer version that prevents you from being able to set this and stop the script from functioning correctly.

To change the color and text size you will need to use a different set of overload parameters.

DrawTextFixed(string tag, string text, TextPosition textPosition, Color textColor, Font font, Color outlineColor, Color areaColor, int areaOpacity)

DrawTextFixed("barVolume", barVolume.ToString(), TextPosition.TopLeft, Color.Red, new Font("Arial", 15f), Color.Transparent, Color.Transparent, 10);

Below is a link to the help guide on DrawTextFixed.
                    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...wtextfixed.htm
                    Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post cre8able  
                    Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM