Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

volume vs tick data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

volume vs tick data

Hello is it possible in NT7 to capture and track the Uptick Downtick activity vs and distinct from the traded volume for futures instruments.
    Would i need to capture and track the ticks in an onmarketdata based indicator.
    Having looked at historical data manager for futures can only see the volume.
    Just exploring something. I realise NT7 doesnt store bid/ask/last in database but wondered about this. Please let me know if you need more information or question not clear

thank you

update to post

OK having looked further in threads - i see the code sample of cumulativetick code dating back which is pre gom code and nt6.5. This is example to pull out the ticks & not the uptick/downtick volume.Do any of the ninja supplied indicators do this realtime in onmarketdelta tried looking.
    thanks

Comment

soulfx, I think I recall which sample code you refer to, instead of counting the actual ticks, you could definitely look into cumulating the volume as well and arrive at your figures. OnMarketData is ideal since it would guarantee you see a call / event for each Level 1 data change.

We do ship NT with a couple of powerful volume indicator as well which you can review - https://www.ninjatrader.com/support/...indicators.htm

Our next major platform update will have several enhancements that make analysis in this area even more exciting.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes