Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Change bar color with vol help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change bar color with vol help!

Hi there,

Am new to trading and wondering if there is an indicator available that will change the color of my price bars when the vol exceeds the value of a previous number of vol bars.
    I would like to be able to also be able to adjust the color change as well as be able to adjust the previous number of bars it gathers this information from.

running off the VOLupdown indicator and to work on min based charts.

is this available or would it be simple enough to create? I have zero programming experience and have searched everywhere for such an indicator, Please help, thanks

just to clarify what i mean by value exceeds a previous number of vol bars e.g

the total value of the previous 4 vol bars added together is exceeded by the current vol, then the price candle relating to the current vol changes color
    Last edited by basnzl; 06-26-2014, 12:57 AM.

Welcome to our forums here basnzl, our NinjaScript trainee will review your inquiry and be then back in touch.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello basnz,

As Bertrand said, welcome to the forums!

I did a quick search on our forums under NinjaTrader 7 indicators and found a few indicators that reference volume. Here is a link to that search: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...pp=15&keyid=12

To help get you started here are some references for creating indicators in NinjaTrader 7:

When you are ready to code,

here is a link to the VOLume: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/index.html

Here is a link to the language reference where you can find the code to color bars and a lot more of the indicator capabilities: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._reference.htm

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for the quick responses to my question.

yes i have tried the bettervolume3 indicator yet unfortunately it paints a whole range of candles due to it been written to cover all kinds of volume based changes, also it doesn't allow me to choose how to determine what is climactic volume, instead its based on what the programmer determines as climactic from what i can see, also there doesn't seem to be an option to turn off the volume types i do not require so it ends up covering most of my price bars with multiple colors and i cant read them.

was hoping for a simple option that colors a price bar once the combined volume of a set number of previous volume bars is equal to or greater than the current volume, also been able to have the option of selecting a different coloring of the price bar for a bull candle and a bear candle, as well as been able to adjust the parameters for the number of previous vol bars it calculates from.

This would allow me to be easily informed when volume exceeds rather than having to remember to check volume from the volumeupdown indicator during a trade signal.

Would this be a simple indicator to create? as I do not want to spend precious time learning how to write a program only to find out is is too complicated or not even possible.

thanks

Comment

Hello basnzl,

Thanks for your reply.

The ideas you have for the indicator would be pretty straight forward to implement but for someone with no programming experience it would of course be difficult. The links I provided to the help guide are valid places to start a self educational process on indicator development. If you get started and have specific questions along the way we are here to help. We cannot create the indicator for you but can help to fill in the knowledge gaps.

To get started you would need to create a script and using the Indicator wizard will get you started building the basic script while filling in a lot of the needed background code. After that it is a matter of adding to the basic script to accomplish your goals.

If you do not wish to invest the time then another alternative is to use a 3rd party custom script developer, here is a link to NinjaScript consultant partners: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Ecosystem/NonBroker.php#81

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes