Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Exposing List Values in Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exposing List Values in Market Analyzer

Howdy--

I built an indicator that uses Lists to track certain information.

What are some ideas on how I can expose these List values for use in Market Analyzer?

Thanks,

Aventeren

Hello aventeren,

Thank you for your post.

As the Market Analyzer will display plots, can you advise what was needed from a list that could not be stored in a DataSeries for the Plots?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello aventeren,

Thank you for your post.

As the Market Analyzer will display plots, can you advise what was needed from a list that could not be stored in a DataSeries for the Plots?
      The current indicator architecture holds values in a list that incrementally increases when a new signal is hit, therefore the size of the list is vastly smaller than a DataSeries, which would have a value (for instance -1, 0 or 1 for each bar) for each bar (as opposed to -1 or 1 for each list value). Plus, I needed to make decisions based on the list values relationship to one another...not bar by bar decisions. I could change this, but it would take some thinking on how to convert the list values to DataSeries values, which is doable, but will take me some time.

I figured if there was a way to expose List values, then I wouldn't have to go through the work of relating the list values to each and every bar (which is unnecessary for my purposes).

Thoughts?

Comment

Hello aventeren,

Thank you for your response.

You could just assign the value from the list to the Plot when needed, but I could not say for certain as I do not when you need the value of from the List or what value is being requested at what time. However, you should not need to re-work the code from List to DataSeries - just assign the value form the List to the Plot when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello aventeren,

Thank you for your response.

You could just assign the value from the list to the Plot when needed, but I could not say for certain as I do not when you need the value of from the List or what value is being requested at what time. However, you should not need to re-work the code from List to DataSeries - just assign the value form the List to the Plot when needed.
          If I were to convert my indicator to a Strategy, will the presence of Plots allow the Strategy to run? For some reason I'm thinking that Plots and Strategies don't work together?

In this case, should I instead be exposing the List values via a DataSeries (which I could always assign to a Plot if I wanted to down the line)?

Comment

Hello aventeren,

That would work, but keep in mind the strategies can't plot without using the work around found at the link below and also the strategies cannot be applied to Market Analyzers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes