Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Outside bar - reversal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside bar - reversal

I would greatly appreciate someone creating a new indicator or referencing one that has been already created that is similar to what I need.

1. Adjustable time frames. ie. 1min 10min etc...
    2. Adjustable bar color option.

3. Bullish: a bar with a low below the previous bar's low and a close above the previous bars high. Adjustable color choice, for example green.

4. Bearish: a bar with a high above the previous bar's high and a close below the previous bars low. Adjustable color choice, for example red.

Thanks a lot for helping!!!

I am not aware of one that has already been made and released publicly, but I could be wrong. You can try searching the file sharing section of the forums for it. If all else fails you can also try contacting one of the NinjaScript Consultants here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Outside Bar Reversal....

Hello Zelli, Josh and all,

I agree with you, creating a new indicator based exclusively on KEY reversal bars would be very helpful because stastitically, these patterns are MORE than 70 % profitables !!!

This is below some key reversal bars examples :

1) Bullish Double bar low with HIGHER close : double bar with the SAME low (exact low or max 2 tick/pip less on the last bar) with close ABOVE the previous bar high.

2) Bearish Double bar high with LOWER close : double bar with the same high (exact high or max 2 tick/pip less on the last bar) with close BELOW the previous bar low

3) Bullish Outside bar : a bar with a low below the previous bar's low and a close above the previous bars high. Adjustable color choice, for example green.

4) Bearish Outside Bar: a bar with a high above the previous bar's high and a close below the previous bars low. Adjustable color choice, for example red.

5) Belthold Bullish bar : gap down opening with close in or ABOVE the trading range (high and low) of the previous bar.

6) Belthold Bearish bar : gap up opening with close in or BELOW the trading range (high and low) of the previous bar.

Thanks for your attention

Happy trading and take care

Angel

* For 1 and 2, if there are inside bars between the DOUBLE bar high or low, patterns are also valide

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion Angel. I will put it on the list for possible future enhancements to the default NinjaTrader provided indicators, but, anyone, please feel free to jump in and make your own.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Angel View Post
          Hello Zelli, Josh and all,

I agree with you, creating a new indicator based exclusively on KEY reversal bars would be very helpful because stastitically, these patterns are MORE than 70 % profitables !!!

This is below some key reversal bars examples :

1) Bullish Double bar low with HIGHER close : double bar with the SAME low (exact low or max 2 tick/pip less on the last bar) with close ABOVE the previous bar high.

2) Bearish Double bar high with LOWER close : double bar with the same high (exact high or max 2 tick/pip less on the last bar) with close BELOW the previous bar low

3) Bullish Outside bar : a bar with a low below the previous bar's low and a close above the previous bars high. Adjustable color choice, for example green.

4) Bearish Outside Bar: a bar with a high above the previous bar's high and a close below the previous bars low. Adjustable color choice, for example red.

5) Belthold Bullish bar : gap down opening with close in or ABOVE the trading range (high and low) of the previous bar.

6) Belthold Bearish bar : gap up opening with close in or BELOW the trading range (high and low) of the previous bar.

Thanks for your attention

Happy trading and take care

Angel

* For 1 and 2, if there are inside bars between the DOUBLE bar high or low, patterns are also valide

Maybe this would help you http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...0&postcount=11

Regards

Comment

reversalbars posted by Prtester

Thanks for the indi.

But when I put it on the bars don't plot.
            Could you explain ?

is anyone using the RB ?

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by capstone View Post
              Thanks for the indi.

But when I put it on the bars don't plot.
              Could you explain ?

is anyone using the RB ?

many thanks
              Try with the indicator alone, dont include any other on the graph, just to test it, then include the others one by one.

Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post kujista
              by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
              0 responses