Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem with Ninja blocking object display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Ninja blocking object display

I have a bit of an odd problem and am hoping someone else has encountered this and knows how to resolve the issue.

So, I am attempting to scan for a specific pattern in market movement. When it is detected, a rectangle, triangle, andtext label, and line segment are drawn on the chart to display the setup and entry for the trade, and an up and down arrow to designate where it begins scanning the chart.

On ever symbol/timeframe I have tested it on, it works perfect. However.....when the person I am doing this for puts it on their chart, it only displays the up and down arrows, but nothing else. He has created a template and I have tried it on my system....everything works perfect. I have created a template and sent it to him....no deal. It works perfect for me, but it will not work for him. I even went so far as to send him the source code, and walk him through getting it compiled....still nothing.

No matter what I try, I cannot replicate the problem. No matter what he has tried, he cannot get it to draw.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could possibly be causing this?

Antny, thanks the post - some ideas I would look into isolating -

1. Any errors in the log / traces files for this setup?
    2. Would the regular draw objects from the chart work in manual mode?
    3. Could it be perhaps an issue in the install of the .NET framework? What version would be used, was a repair install already attempted?
    4. Is the setup using our most recent NT7 R25 release?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Might be a long shot as I dont know enough information but if you are both looking at fx charts and one of your data suppliers is 5 decimal point data and the other is 4 decimal point this will mess with calculations and therefor your pattern recognition....

Comment

Might be a long shot as I dont know enough information but if you are both looking at fx charts and one of your data suppliers is 5 decimal point data and the other is 4 decimal point this will mess with calculations and therefor your pattern recognition....

Comment

It took me a while to figure it out, but I did figure out the issue.

It turns out to be a small tweak necessary to the arrays. Basically, the chart had too many bars and the arrays were not handling it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post cre8able  
          Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Sam2515