Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

built on the chart the line price of the day close before.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

built on the chart the line price of the day close before.

good morning ,
    im from italy and apologize for my bad english.

i want ask you if is possible build a close price line of the day before on the charts of the ninja trader . so in this mode is possible see on the charts if is % plus and negative the instrument in the chart.

also in yahoo finance there is and also is is 1% up or down......and is not possible built no 1 strategy if there isn t the price positive or negative of the close of the day before.

if somebody can help me...

best regards

Hello mano1968,

An indicator that is built into NinjaTrader can become the basis for your new indicator. You can use the indicator called PriorDayOHLC which captures ands plots the previous day's Open, High, Low and Close. It captures the values based on the session template.

You can create a new indicator by opening the existing PriorDayOHLC indicator and then right mouse click on the code and select "Save As". From there you can further modify the new indicator to your needs.

For your reference, here is a link to the help guide section on developing indicators: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm

On the forum we have a number of reference samples covering many topics and these can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=30

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thx for your reply ...but the prior indicator take the last price of the prior day...and is not the right price the close price for the future dax is 17.30 gmt +1 ....the indicator will take the price at 22 '00 gmt +1----

so is not correct...how is possible say to the indicator to take a price at a particular hour?....

if somebody can help me. thx

Comment

Hello mano1968,

Thanks for your reply.

If the PriorDayOHLC indicator is taking the close price of the FDAX at the incorrect time then that can be changed by using a session template that controls the session begin and end times. Here are two links to the help guide session manager section: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_manager.htm

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Comment

thx for your help...and your links...

but the market reference price of the prior day..is not the price of the close day......also if i work on the session template....

im sorry...but i pay 60 $ for month to have a platform without the % positive or negative in th echart and the line of the reference price of the day before....
          sorry but also yahoo finance do that......i know ninja have 100000indicator,,but........ i must put lines on the charts nanually every day ..and take the reference price of the instruments on my italian platform.

and i can t understand in what mode is possible built a t.s. whitout put inside the reference price ....to say above this price go long with 2 contracts...

boh.......is so difficult do taht?...

you can see the red line on the chart of the reference price and near the % of the performance of the instrument..in this case FTSE italy....

but thx the same for your help..i think i ll leave ninja soon.

Comment

Hello mano1968,

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at your link to yahoo finance and their charts reflect a red line based on yesterdays close. The NinjaTrader indicator PriorDayOHLC was suggested to you as a means to be able display yesterdays close and if you wish to modify to show other parameters you could.

I have done a search for you in these forums and have found two publicly available indicators that may provide what you are asking for. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...&keys=1&ents=1

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
              Hello mano1968,

Thanks for your reply ...

I looked at your link to yahoo finance and their charts reflect a red line based on yesterdays close. The NinjaTrader indicator PriorDayOHLC was suggested to you as a means to be able display yesterdays close and if you wish to modify to show other parameters you could.

I have done a search for you in these forums and have found two publicly available indicators that may provide what you are asking for. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...&keys=1&ents=1

hi.....thx for your work for me..but is not as you sayd about the close of e-mini 500...
              as you can see here the reference price is 1963.00

the close on ninja trader is 1964.5 at 22 session template (use instrument setting) ..is not the same......

also in eurex the session is 8.00 a.m. gmt +1 to 22.00 cmt +1 ...but the close is arround 17.30 gmt+1...so.....or i open a chart just 8/17.30 and is not sure the price will be ok..or if i have a chart 8 22..nothing is right...

also i choosed ninja because i can put 3 instrument in the same chart...e-mini, dax eurostoxx 50 and the same time frame ..to see how they mooves...but if i can t know who between them is above or under the correct previous close...is a problem

good work

Comment

Hello mano1968,

Thank-you for your reply.

In futures trading the the last price of the instrument on a given day is not the settlement price which is considered as the instruments Close price. The settlement price is what the accepted close price of the instrument is and is what Yahoo and others use as the close price of the instrument. Here is a link to help clarify: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/settlementprice.asp

It may be that your data feed does not provide the prior days settlement price. If you connect to Kinetick EOD feed, you will get the settlement price on a daily chart.

Please note that Daily Charts can be settlement adjusted where as intra-day charts are not.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by mano1968 View Post
                  hi.....thx for your work for me..but is not as you sayd about the close of e-mini 500...
                  as you can see here the reference price is 1963.00

the close on ninja trader is 1964.5 at 22 session template (use instrument setting) ..is not the same......

also in eurex the session is 8.00 a.m. gmt +1 to 22.00 cmt +1 ...but the close is arround 17.30 gmt+1...so.....or i open a chart just 8/17.30 and is not sure the price will be ok..or if i have a chart 8 22..nothing is right...

also i choosed ninja because i can put 3 instrument in the same chart...e-mini, dax eurostoxx 50 and the same time frame ..to see how they mooves...but if i can t know who between them is above or under the correct previous close...is a problem

good work

The prices supplied by daily data providers such as Yahoo and Kinetick are typically full session high, full session low and settlement price. This is in line with the prices published by the exchange. For example CME publishes the settlement price (and not the regular close of full session close). Yesterday's settlement price for ES 09-14 was indeed 1963.00

The settlement price cannnot be taken from intraday data, but to show the settlement price on your chart you need

-> a data provider who supplies the settlement price with daily data (Kinetick, DTN/IQ, etc.)
                  -> an indicator that retrieves the daily close from the historical data base and displays it on your chart

The PriorDayOHLC indicator cannot be used, because it cannot access daily data. But you can for example use the SessionPivots indicator with the DailyBars option activated, and it will display the settlement price. Plots not needed can be disabled. Chart is attached. The SessionPivots indicator is available in the download section of the forum.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                    The prices supplied by daily data providers such as Yahoo and Kinetick are typically full session high, full session low and settlement price. This is in line with the prices published by the exchange. For example CME publishes the settlement price (and not the regular close of full session close). Yesterday's settlement price for ES 09-14 was indeed 1963.00

The settlement price cannnot be taken from intraday data, but to show the settlement price on your chart you need

-> a data provider who supplies the settlement price with daily data (Kinetick, DTN/IQ, etc.)
                    -> an indicator that retrieves the daily close from the historical data base and displays it on your chart

The PriorDayOHLC indicator cannot be used, because it cannot access daily data. But you can for example use the SessionPivots indicator with the DailyBars option activated, and it will display the settlement price. Plots not needed can be disabled. Chart is attached. The SessionPivots indicator is available in the download section of the forum.
                    thx for your work for me...

at the end i must change the datafeed with kinetik...continuum is not ok

i want ask you if ther eis a indicator can "colour" the chart above or below a line plotted from me.

example the settalment price is 1900 on sp500 and i put there the chart this line and can colour with a soft grey on the chart below this price to know ever we are in a negative zone of price,,,,

i use the indicator continuum line to fix a price on the chart

if you can help me.

thx again and good work

Comment

Originally posted by mano1968 View Post
                      thx for your work for me...

at the end i must change the datafeed with kinetik...continuum is not ok

i want ask you if ther eis a indicator can "colour" the chart above or below a line plotted from me.

example the settalment price is 1900 on sp500 and i put there the chart this line and can colour with a soft grey on the chart below this price to know ever we are in a negative zone of price,,,,

i use the indicator continuum line to fix a price on the chart

if you can help me.

thx again and good work
                      Unusual request, but can of course be coded. I do not know any indicator available with this feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        Unusual request, but can of course be coded. I do not know any indicator available with this feature.
                        i saw there aere indicator where ,as example, between the cross of the ema a part of the chart change colour.

i want to do something like this..

under the settlment price che chart begin of another colour. just to know with 1 wiew how are diferent instruments ...positive or negative,

i think there is a part of code to to copy and past in a line indicator like current line to do that.

maybe i can built it by myself .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Tim-c
                        by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                        0 responses