Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How not to consider a specific bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How not to consider a specific bar?

Hello Everyone,

On my indicators (therefore on the charts too), I've been noticing that the last bar of the day (after market) is being considered for my 30 mins intraday strategies. Problem is that it disrupts my indicators on the following day in a way that affects negatively my strategies.

I'm connected to Clear (Brazil) and they send that last bar everyday (funny thing is that they don't consider it either on their charts on their website's homebroker), anyway, I can't control the broker, so is there a way I can "disable" that bar or just ignore it for all purposes (all indicators)? It is the bar ending at 5:30pm, I want to disconsider it and have the regular market ending at 5pm bar there as the last 30min bar on the day.

Thank you,

Rodrigo

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Can you please check for me what session template the symbol is using? You can do this by doing the following:
    • Click Tools
    • Click Instrument Manager
    • In the search box, type your symbol name and press enter
    • When you see the instrument in the list below the search box, double click it
    • A window should open up with the instrument specific properties. Look for Session Template

Take note of what template is displayed in the box, you can close this window now and the instrument manager. Now you need to see what the sessions defaults are that this instrument is using.
    • Click Tools
    • Click Session Manager
    • From the list at the top, Locate the name of the session template the symbol was using and click it

Now you should see a grid of hours. Does the session the instrument was using go till 5 or 5:30 or beyond?

If this is the case you can edit the date or create a custom template for the specific times the market is open for.

Here is more information on session templates for assistance in creating or editing them.

This is a good first step to verify the chart settings, if this does not correct what you are seeing we can continue to troubleshoot.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I will try that, thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post traderqz  
      Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM