Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to reset cache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to reset cache?

I've just put together an indicator and it compiled just fine, but the indicator itself has things in it that I didnt even include in the coding, for example it has overbought/oversold lines, I have NO drawing items in my coding, plus some of the plots are giving the incorrect values. I double checked the code and the dataseries/plots orders are correct. I've closed down ninjatrader and even restarted my computer. After booting back up, I'm still seeing the same issues. Is there some kind of cache that can be reset manually?

thanks!

Originally posted by gubbar924 View Post
    I've just put together an indicator and it compiled just fine, but the indicator itself has things in it that I didnt even include in the coding, for example it has overbought/oversold lines, I have NO drawing items in my coding, plus some of the plots are giving the incorrect values. I double checked the code and the dataseries/plots orders are correct. I've closed down ninjatrader and even restarted my computer. After booting back up, I'm still seeing the same issues. Is there some kind of cache that can be reset manually?

thanks!
    Was the indicator an existing indicator you modified or did you at one time have overbought/oversold lines. If so, then delete the indicator from the chart and then Re-add it back in.

J~

Comment

I've tried this as well, it didnt work either
      i might have had a different indicator in the past by the same name, would that effect this one?
      if that is the case, how do I go about cleaning everything out so that the namespace only uses what currently should be on the indicator?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gubbar924 View Post
        I've tried this as well, it didnt work either
        i might have had a different indicator in the past by the same name, would that effect this one?
        if that is the case, how do I go about cleaning everything out so that the namespace only uses what currently should be on the indicator?

thanks
        Check the public class name in the indicator code. Make sure it isn't named something you didn't intend, possibly its picking up on something else either way, Then Try, renaming your new indicator by saving it with a different indicator name and different public class name and compiling. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.
        I don't know anything about how this information is kept or how to reset it.

J~

Comment

Originally posted by JerryWar View Post
          Then Try, renaming your new indicator by saving it with a different indicator name and different public class name and compiling
          J~

thank you, that worked!

Comment

Hello Gubbar924,

Thank you for posting and thank you to JerryWar for helping.

Glad you were able to resolve your inquiry.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
            Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post techgetgame  
            Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes