Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import NinjaScript Archive File Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import NinjaScript Archive File Warning

Hello,

I am trying to import a zip file but I got this error "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors."

I deleted ALL the custom indicators from MyDocuments > NinjaTrader7 > bin > Custom > Indicator but still have the same error!!

What else can give me this error if I already erased all the custom ninjascript files??

Please help!

Thanks

Hello futuros,

Can you please compile your NinjaScript files to check what errors they report.

-Open NinjaTrader
    -From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    -Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    -A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    -At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    -From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please post a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I have no compilation errors, but still have the import error.

Thanks

Comment

That is unexpected. If you experience this import error, you should have compiling errors. You did not see errors at the bottom after you compiled your NinjaScript files? See screenshot for an example.

Could it be you now experience a different import error?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jason,

Like I said, I deleted all the custom indis and strategies from the bin folder, then I went to compile one the default NT indi and had NO compilation errors. Then I went and try to import the new custom indicator and still have the same error.

Thanks

Comment

Can you please try a restart of NinjaTrader (if not already) and check if this will allow you to import the file.

If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, Import NinjaScript Archive File Warning' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

I got an error sending the log file: "Failed to send mail. An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 64.57.210.216:25"

Comment

Can you please send me the log and trace files manually. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140826 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140826 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. Put 'Att Jason, Import NinjaScript Archive File Warning' in the subject header.

Comment

The e-mail is on its way...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post alifarahani  
                  Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM