Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MA Slope In Degrees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MA Slope In Degrees?

Hi again, im having trouble to find an indi that shows the degrees of inclination of a MA

is there any basic indicator that do this? if not, how can get a MA to show its inclination between 90° / -90°?

thanks a lot for your continuous assistance!

Hello Kabott,

Thank you for your note.

I am not aware of a basic indicator for this method.

However, you can use the Slope() method to get the slope and then trigonometry functions to convert the slope to angle and then to degrees.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...html?slope.htm

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm looking for the same thing. Any indicator out there that tells you the slope % angle of an MA.

Comment

You might want to check into this one from the sharing - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=1&linkid=106

I believe it should work in NT7 as well.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Volcom View Post
          I'm looking for the same thing. Any indicator out there that tells you the slope % angle of an MA.
          Degrees are a dimensionless quantity, used to indicate a dimensionless slope. The Slope of a moving average is Price/Time, so is dimensioned as either $/min, $/day (or some other time measure) or else Price/Bars, and so simply dimensioned essentially as $.

That means that the putative angle represented, because it is not dimensionless, depends on the scales. If the same measure of slope will translate to different putative measure of degrees, because of the scale of the axes, the measure of degrees become meaningless.

If you want a measure of inclination, use the slope directly: that need not be a dimensionless quantity.

Comment

Hello, I understand this thread is old but is the closest I could find to an answer.

Say I want to get de Angles of a Stochastics Slope, I understand the Slope() returns a value between 1 and -1 in double. So how do I Translate this number to get an angle? Do I use Cos,SinTan?

Also if there a way to write numeric and complex math operatons in the Strategy Builder Editor without having to write them manually after breaking the code?

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes