Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

indicator malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicator malfunction

previously I started a thread and asked why I was unable to use a custom indicator I had written for me in ninja trader strategy wizard. the reply I received was...

This thread is located at:

Here is the message that has just been posted:

Hi Scott, checked into it and I see two issues working with the wizard with it -

1. Plots would need to be configurable, so you can access them in the wizard for setting up your conditions. Right now the tool is visual only.

2. The custom color inputs will not be possible to get processed by the wizard interface unfortunately, that's the compile errors you would see after trying to setup your conditions.

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Regards,
    NinjaTrader Customer Service

I then contacted the programmer and asked that it be fixed, his reply was...

"The indicator values are already exposed as public data series, MA1, MA2, and Spread. If you need help configuring it via the Strategy Analyzer, let me know, and we can do a screen sharing session. It requires some custom code writing due to the color inputs, as Bertrand stated. This is a NinjaTrader limitation."

As a non programmer there are a few questions I would like to ask

1. is it possible to import a custom indicator into ninjatrader that is usable in the strategy wizard with out further programming as the programmer has suggested?

2. is the statement made by the programmer correct in its entirety?

3. if the answer to question #1 is yes, why would a programmer listed on ninjatraders website intentionally write an indicator that is not fully functional within the program itself ?
    Last edited by san1313; 09-24-2014, 08:26 PM. Reason: I want an answer from ninjatrader support

Hi Scott, we will follow up in the original thread. Thanks.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Mongo
    by Mongo

Started by guillembm, Today, 11:25 AM
    0 responses