Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

macd with unusual parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

macd with unusual parameters

Hi guys - been long time since I have been here but wanted to find out if anyone can help with my search. I have been reading about a macd that uses settings of 5-13-1 and I want to try & apply this on my Ninja Charts. Not having much success in finding this purpose built histogram type indicator which was developed for MT4. Can anyone help please?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Macd_with_5-13-1.png
Views:	2
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	902051

Edit - this might help explain a bit better :
    zip MACD_BD_Color Two tone plus EMA.zip
    Last edited by brian meade; 09-27-2014, 11:15 PM.

Hello brian meade,

Thank you for your post.

I am not familiar with this indicator. However, the MACD built in NinjaTrader requires three parameters. If this is not what you are looking for you can search our file sharing section: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

Comment

Thanks Patrick - perhaps if I ask this question in another way it might make more sense.
      On Philip Nels 4Hr Macd thread on FF and also on Youtube, there is a custom made Macd which has the settings of 5-13-1. Is it possible to build this equivalent for Ninja Charts. I have tried raising a Macd Histogram using the settings but nothing appears.
      Does anyone here know of that particular indicator?? Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by brian meade View Post
        Thanks Patrick - perhaps if I ask this question in another way it might make more sense.
        On Philip Nels 4Hr Macd thread on FF and also on Youtube, there is a custom made Macd which has the settings of 5-13-1. Is it possible to build this equivalent for Ninja Charts. I have tried raising a Macd Histogram using the settings but nothing appears.
        Does anyone here know of that particular indicator?? Thanks guys.
        What do 5, 13, 1 represent as parameters?

Comment

Hi - I am certainly not an expert here but I guess this might help.

Name:	Macd_Inputs.png
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	872404

If this is not what you are asking can you explain what I will need to provide you with?
          I am grateful for your help - many thanks,.
          Brian.

Comment

Hi - I am certainly not an expert here but I guess this might help.
            [ATTACH]30167[/ATTACH]

If this is not what you are asking can you explain what I will need to provide you with?
            I am grateful for your help - many thanks,.
            Brian.
            Use parameters as in the first attachment, to get the results in the second attachment.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by koganam; 09-29-2014, 07:18 AM.

Comment

My humble appreciation

good morning Koganam ( Osikani)
              Hey I am so grateful for your help. I wish I had the skills to understand programming even a little but Tech has never been in my blood
              I have attached the Ninja indicator & you will see I have figured out how to insert that black line but I am struggling to figure out how I can get the Blue Macd bars to be coloured like the picture above it . I also have attached the MT4 picture to show what I need . Unfortunately, my strategy is based partially on the change of colour so having a Blue - up & Red - down
              indicator is my hoped for result. If you can guide me through this, I will be one very happy camper Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

Name:	Macd_with_5-13-1.png
Views:	2
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	872420

Name:	Ninja_Macd_5-13-1.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	872421

Comment

good morning Koganam ( Osikani)
                Hey I am so grateful for your help. I wish I had the skills to understand programming even a little but Tech has never been in my blood
                I have attached the Ninja indicator & you will see I have figured out how to insert that black line but I am struggling to figure out how I can get the Blue Macd bars to be coloured like the picture above it . I also have attached the MT4 picture to show what I need . Unfortunately, my strategy is based partially on the change of colour so having a Blue - up & Red - down
                indicator is my hoped for result. If you can guide me through this, I will be one very happy camper Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

[ATTACH]30190[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30191[/ATTACH]
                I can see your pictures, but that is not an explanation of what you are seeking. If you want to have the bars colored by their relationship to the previous bar, that is what would have to be coded.

The pictures that I showed were with the default NT shipping MACD which uses only one color for each of its Plots. The MACD that you have posted shows 2 different configurations, so I do not even really understand what they are trying to show. One shows a single color and a line; the other shows 2 different colors. It is apparently called MACDUpDown. Never having seen it, I do not know how you can modify it, or load it to get what you want. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                  I can see your pictures, but that is not an explanation of what you are seeking. If you want to have the bars colored by their relationship to the previous bar, that is what would have to be coded.

The pictures that I showed were with the default NT shipping MACD which uses only one color for each of its Plots. The MACD that you have posted shows 2 different configurations, so I do not even really understand what they are trying to show. One shows a single color and a line; the other shows 2 different colors. It is apparently called MACDUpDown. Never having seen it, I do not know how you can modify it, or load it to get what you want. Sorry.
                  Yep - I am not sure myself but from reading the original thread , I think this was a purpose built Macd indicator. What you have provided for me is excellent - I will re-arrange my strategy thinking to incorporate this single colour version. Special thanks for the support - best regards
                  Brian.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post RideMe
                  by RideMe

Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
                  0 responses