Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need Indicator Plot in Databox and not on Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Indicator Plot in Databox and not on Chart

Hello,

I am developing an indicator that provides Buy/Sell signals and prices to a strategy.

I do not want the indicator Plots to show up on the chart, but I still want to inspect the values in the NT Data Box.

I tried setting up the indicator plots to transparent like this "Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Transparent), PlotStyle.Line, "Plot_EN_Price"));"

But it will not show in the NT Data Box.

Can you pls let me know how I can setup an indicator plot to show up in the NT Data Box and not on the Chart.

Thanks

Hello Lucius,

Thank you for your post.

I do not understand why the transparent color did not work for the DataBox. Can you provide a sample of the code you are testing that produces the same results?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius View Post
      Hello,

I am developing an indicator that provides Buy/Sell signals and prices to a strategy.

I do not want the indicator Plots to show up on the chart, but I still want to inspect the values in the NT Data Box.

I tried setting up the indicator plots to transparent like this "Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Transparent), PlotStyle.Line, "Plot_EN_Price"));"

But it will not show in the NT Data Box.

Can you pls let me know how I can setup an indicator plot to show up in the NT Data Box and not on the Chart.

Thanks
      A transparent Plot will not show up in the DataBox. Try setting the color to the same as the chart background color, which will have the same visual effect on the chart.

ChartControl.BackColor
      The ChartControl may not be available in the Initialize() method, so you may have to use the PlotColors syntax instead, in OnBarUpdate().

Code:
      PlotColors[0][0] = ChartControl.BackColor; //et.c.,

Comment

Setting the plot to the same color as the chart background did the trick. Thanks kogaman

Comment

Thanks for letting us know Lucius and thanks koganam for the assist here.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes