Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

custom indicator does not not combine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom indicator does not not combine

Hello,
    the attached “THREEindicatorCOHERENT” custom indicator is supposed to give a +1 value when all its 3 components are in positive (bullish) sync, -1 when they are in negative (bearish) sync, 0 in all other cases. So far I can have it working ok only partially. For ex I do not understand why the indicator value does not remain at value = 1 also on the 21/08/2104 (please see the attached pdf).
    At this date all three indicators are all together, at the same time, bar by bar, above their respective signal lines, so the custom indicator measuring this event should remain at value=1, as it is on the previous and the next days, but instead it drops to zero. I have checked the settings of indicators on the chart with those in the script of the custom indicator and they coincide, so I can’t figure it out what is wrong. I am not expert in programming, however eventually I would like to create a market analyzer template that based on this indicator can send alerts when all 3 components are in positive or negative sync. Anyone can help please?
    Thanks.
    The script of the custom indicator is copied on the attached text file

Attached Files

Hello guidoisot,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Have you contacted the developer of the indicator? It would be recommended to work with the developer on this matter.

Comment

You need to replace the three ">" (larger than) operators in lines 51 to 53 with "<" (smaller than) operators. I can see that the script calls 3 of my indicators. I am glad that you like them.

Comment

Hello Harry,
        yes I do
        thank you.

Comment

Hello,
          is it possible to have on NT a zigzag indicator which updates continuously on the last tick, live, tick by tick.
          The standard zigzag I can find in the current version of NT lags a few bars back, therefore it is useless for indicating real time breakouts in relation to previous swing highs or lows. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by guidoisot View Post
            Hello,
            is it possible to have on NT a zigzag indicator which updates continuously on the last tick, live, tick by tick.
            The standard zigzag I can find in the current version of NT lags a few bars back, therefore it is useless for indicating real time breakouts in relation to previous swing highs or lows. Thanks
            The standard zigzag does not have any lag. You just need to accept the logic of a zig zag:

(1) When a new high or low is made the zigzag plots a leg until the current bar.

(2) When now such high or low is made, the zigzag plots a leg until the last high or low. The current bar bar does not automatically qualify as a new high or low.

In order to qualify as a new high or low, the current bar must complete a price move of a specified amount - the minimum deviation - from the last zigzag high or low point. Only when this minimum deviation has been reached or exceeded, a new leg can be plotted. Unless this has happened it is unclear whether the current leg will be extended or whether a new leg will be plotted in the opposite direction.

I have attached a chart for further explanation.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Harry; 11-06-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Hi Harry,
              I am trying to develop an indicator (see attached file01: test_VALUE_2_BARS_cross_anaADXVMA) that does the following:

("give signal +1 when a fast mov avg crosses above a slow mov avg and when also price crosses above, within max_n=2 bars, the same two different period moving averages
              give signal -1 when a fast mov avg crosses below a slow mov avg and when also price crosses below, within max_n=2 bars, the same two different period moving averages ")]

with the help of ninjatrader support I have got to the point of having the attached indicator (see attached file02: VALUEanaADXVMA _COMPLETED OK) for mov avg crossovers.
              Would you please help me on modifying this indicator so that it gives the same signal (it would be great also via email if possible) of file02, but only when price crosses both mov avg with n bars (say 2 or 3 bars).
              Thank you. Guido.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by guidoisot; 02-13-2015, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guidoisot View Post
                Hi Harry,
                I am trying to develop an indicator (see attached file01: test_VALUE_2_BARS_cross_anaADXVMA) that does the following:

("give signal +1 when a fast mov avg crosses above a slow mov avg and when also price crosses above, within max_n=2 bars, the same two different period moving averages
                give signal -1 when a fast mov avg crosses below a slow mov avg and when also price crosses below, within max_n=2 bars, the same two different period moving averages ")]

with the help of ninjatrader support I have got to the point of having the attached indicator (see attached file02: VALUEanaADXVMA _COMPLETED OK) for mov avg crossovers.
                Would you please help me on modifying this indicator so that it gives the same signal (it would be great also via email if possible) of file02, but only when price crosses both mov avg with n bars (say 2 or 3 bars).
                Thank you. Guido.
                Guido,

I am maintaining about 100 free NinjaTrader indicators. Cannot do free work or custom coding. I am sorry.

Comment

Yes I understand. I asked anyway, on the forum, because this breakout indicator looked to me as an interesting combination of some of your previous free indicators. A combination which perhaps could have been of interest also for some other users. Anyway thank you for your reply.
                  Ciao. Guido

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DanielSanMartin  
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes