• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to force refreash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to force refreash

I am using DrawText within my override of the OnMarketData method, but these specific DrawText changes do not render on the screen. I do have CalculateOnBarClose = false in initalize, but I think because the changes I am using DrawText to illustrate are not based on price ticks, the screen refreash process does not trigger. Is there a way to cause these to update on the screen when issued?

Originally posted by tulanch View Post
    I am using DrawText within my override of the OnMarketData method, but these specific DrawText changes do not render on the screen. I do have CalculateOnBarClose = false in initalize, but I think because the changes I am using DrawText to illustrate are not based on price ticks, the screen refreash process does not trigger. Is there a way to cause these to update on the screen when issued?
    It's late, but isn't there a ChartControl.Refresh()?

There's probably a good reason nothing happens in OnMarketData with respect to your drawtext. I'm sure you are about to find out.

Comment

tks, got it. Found an example that adds in a delay check so the CPU does not spin out of control

if (lastRefresh.AddMilliseconds(refreash_delay) < DateTime.Now){
      ChartControl.Refresh();
      lastRefresh = DateTime.Now;
      }

Thus far I am able to set the value to at 500 (ms) and all seems ok, but it's not a busy time for the market right now either...well see in the AM

thanks for the reply

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GMiller64, Today, 01:13 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post GMiller64  
      Started by itrader46, Today, 12:51 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes