Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Candle High Low Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candle High Low Indicator

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, so if I am posting this in the wrong spot, please forgive me.

I am new to Ninja Trader 7 and looking for a specific indicator. I use range bars to trade with.

Is there an indicator that will show me the high and low of the current candlestick? Either by putting numbers in the right column or drawing lines and numbers on the chart?

I attempted to search the forums, but did not come up with anything. I might be using the wrong search terms.

Thanks
    Matt

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

An indicator of this type is not included with NinjaTrader by default and I have not been able to find a free indicator which functions in this way available at the Support Forum. This is something which could be accomplished through custom programming. If you are not a programmer any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following publicly available link could code this type of project at your direction: http://ninjatraderecosystem.com/#Nin...pt-Consultants

In the meantime, it is possible to display bar OHLC values within the Data Box or Mini Data Box. Please see the following link to our Help Guide for more information about this potential work around: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/data_box.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by mattsnetwork View Post
      Hello All,

I am new to this forum, so if I am posting this in the wrong spot, please forgive me.

I am new to Ninja Trader 7 and looking for a specific indicator. I use range bars to trade with.

Is there an indicator that will show me the high and low of the current candlestick? Either by putting numbers in the right column or drawing lines and numbers on the chart?

I attempted to search the forums, but did not come up with anything. I might be using the wrong search terms.

Thanks
      Matt
      Some time ago I have coded an indicator which calculates the potential high or low of a developing range bar.

It triggers an audio alert, when the upper or lower target is approached.

Not sure though, whether this is what you were looking for.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Harry, I found this post and I'm looking for this indicator that plots the current high or low plus X number of ticks on current range bar. Do you have this available?

Comment

Hello Wrangler99,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Ninjatrader forums!

You have posted in the forum of NinjaTrader7 indicator development so the assumption is that you are looking for a NinjaTrader7 indicator.

If you are looking for a range bar indicator to show the potential range high or low, there is another alternative available in the NinjaTrader ecosystem NT user apps.

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
          1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
          2. From the Control Center window select the menu File> Utilities> Import NinjaScript
          3. Select the downloaded .zip file
          4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
          • Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post

Some time ago I have coded an indicator which calculates the potential high or low of a developing range bar.

It triggers an audio alert, when the upper or lower target is approached.

Not sure though, whether this is what you were looking for.
            Can any one share previous candle high low line NT8 version?

Nicki

Comment

Please see workaround below.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                Please see workaround below.
                Thank you for letting me know!
                The problem is I have many lines on the chart that make me confuse but I will try out.

Nicki

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes