Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help Building LBR 3/10 Oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Building LBR 3/10 Oscillator

Hi...

I am needing help creating the LBR 3/10 Oscillator indicator. There is an one on the forum that is built but i'm not sure it is correct.

This is how to calculate...

To construct this oscillator, first subtract a 10 period simple moving average from a 3 period simple moving average. We often refer to this as the "fast line." Next, create a 16-period simple moving average of the "fast line" - we refer to this line as the "slow line." It is also useful to plot a horizontal line at the zero value.

Thank you...

Hello tdd1973,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Are you looking to build this yourself or have another party build this indicator for you?

Comment

I was hoping someone would give some assistance on how to build this...

Comment

The LBR 3/10 oscillator is a MACD built from two SMAs. I have coded a universal version of the MACD, which allows you to calculate MACD, signal line and histogram from any pair selected from 30 different moving averages.

WRT to the equavolume candles, Sierra has this built in, but it suffers the same visual display problems as NinjaTrader due to the locked time axis. If you look at Linda's webinar, her husbands platform "Photon" does not seem to suffer the same limitations, and also I believe the logic is different (at least from Sierra). I am not sure if Sierra is weighting based on session average, or some sort of fixed value of 'x' bars, but either way during the webinar the Photon platform seemed to …

Comment

Can you send me a download link for the indicator? I cannot download it from BigMike because I am not a paying member.

Comment

Originally posted by chakspin View Post
            Can you send me a download link for the indicator? I cannot download it from BigMike because I am not a paying member.
            That is the only place where I have posted it so far. But you may send me a private message with your e-mail.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post quantismo  
            Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post love2code2trade