Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT doesn't startup due to screwed up custom indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT doesn't startup due to screwed up custom indicator

Hi,
    I am currently developing a custom indicator. It was working all fine. While developing further I introduced some programming error into my indicator, which caused NinjaTrader to crash.

The problem is now that I cannot bug fix my script, because when I restart NT after crash, NT automatically loads my last workspace, which uses this buggy indicator, which in turn causes NT to crash again :-(. Thus I don't have access to the editor to bug fix my script.

Is there any way to edit and recompile the script outside of NT? Or is there a way to deactivate my indicator before I restart NT? It would also help if I could tell NT before start to load any other workspace on startup (i.e. a workspace which doesn't use this indicator).

Thank you,
    Martin

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

In this situation because the indicator is in the workspace it may be best to start NinjaTrader without the workspace open and then edit and re compile the indicator. Here are the steps to do this:

With NinjaTrader closed, open the folder Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    in this folder you will see a file named _Workspaces.xml or _Workspaces if you cant see the file extension.

Delete only _Workspaces.xml and then launch NinjaTrader, this starts without your last used workspace open and will more than likely allow you to get to the control center.

Please be careful to not delete your actual workspaces out of this folder but only the workspace control file named _Workspaces.xml.

Once fixed you can open your workspace again using the File -> Workspaces menu.

Please try this and let me know if this does not work.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,
      thanks for your prompt reply. This was exactly I was looking for and it worked as described. Thank you so much!
      Have a great start into 2015!
      Martin

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses