Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

My Indicator went Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Indicator went Missing

Okay,

So this is a weird one. I was working on my custom indicator and got it running perfectly. I put my laptop to sleep, and on charge.

Came back, woke it up to get back to further testing of the indicator, only to see that the indicator file has gone missing ??? I am sure I did not delete it (that would be stupid). I have done a search on my laptop with my indicator name with no luck.

However the indicator is still up on the chart indicator list, so I can apply it to charts. Modify the parameters and update it accordingly.

Anyone have a clue as to how I can recover it? I really don't want to re-write it Should've backed it up before I put laptop on charge

Asim

Hello asimbhuta,

The file will be located in:
    Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator
    if it still exists.

If it does not, You may be able to windows restore to restore the entire folder.

Below is a link to the Microsoft website on previous versions of files and folders. Please see the section 'Can I restore a file or folder that was deleted or renamed?'
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ions-files-faq

If you are not able to find it, send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com and include a link to this thread so that we can try as well.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for getting back. I couldn't restore the file as I had yet to switch on the file history recovery (Windows 8.1).

I have decided to re-write the code from a previous version I had. Luckily I had remembered majority of the script.

Still have no idea as to what happened. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by egordleo, Today, 05:50 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post egordleo  
      Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
      118 responses
      1 like