Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rainbow - The NinjaTrader enhancement plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow
    replied
    This overrides the default behavior of middle mouse click, which (without Rainbow) shows NT's databox. Also It must be turned on in the Databox+ configuration section, but it is by default. Let me know what happens if you click the middle mouse button to see if I can be of assistance here.
    Lucas

Leave a comment:

• Hank_R
    replied
    I cannot get the bar values to display as in item 5 on the website.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Rainbow
    replied
    Hi Hank_R,
    What exactly do you mean by data window?
    Lucas

Leave a comment:

• Hank_R
    replied
    Data Window

I can't seem to get the data window functionality to work. It is enabled in settings am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• fut_practic
    replied
    Awesome job, dude!
    Finest Ninjatrader thing I've ever seen!

Leave a comment:

• Taddypole
    replied
    Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
    Hi folks,
    so ... I tried to address some of the issues you were talking about. As I'm not able to reproduce some of the them, I attached new version of Rainbow for you to try it out. After I get your consent, I'll put it on the download site and the rest of the people should get it through the auto-update if they have it turned on.

***** Version 0.1.1 *****
    - New feature: drawing tool presets
    - Added: hotkeys for other drawing tools
    - Added: parameter "1.6. Use screen buffer" (default Yes) - Disable this option if you experience black rectangle flicker on the top of the chart.
    - Fixed: directory name for storing indicator templates
    - Fixed: removed white line while having mouse over trade
    - (hopefully) Fixed: removed debug protection that might have caused crash when trying to debug indicators

Lucas
    Hi Lucas,

I tried the new version of Rainbow and still have the crashing problem.The symptoms are all the same. No change.

regards,
    taddypole...

Leave a comment:

• shicuco
    replied
    Hi, Lucas,

I disabled the screen buffer setting and the flicker is gone.

Good job, mate!

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Rainbow
    replied
    Hi folks,
    so ... I tried to address some of the issues you were talking about. As I'm not able to reproduce some of the them, I attached new version of Rainbow for you to try it out. After I get your consent, I'll put it on the download site and the rest of the people should get it through the auto-update if they have it turned on.

***** Version 0.1.1 *****
    - New feature: drawing tool presets
    - Added: hotkeys for other drawing tools
    - Added: parameter "1.6. Use screen buffer" (default Yes) - Disable this option if you experience black rectangle flicker on the top of the chart.
    - Fixed: directory name for storing indicator templates
    - Fixed: removed white line while having mouse over trade
    - (hopefully) Fixed: removed debug protection that might have caused crash when trying to debug indicators

Lucas
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rainbow; 02-11-2015, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Taddypole
    replied
    Originally posted by Taddypole View Post
    Hi Locus,

I was trying to get another indicator working so didn't spend any time looking at it. And I don't really know what to look for in the log and trace files.

I did try several times because I thought it was the indicator I was working on that caused the problem. But as soon as I attached to the Ninja Trader process it immediately crashed and there was nothing I could do to investigate the cause. It took down Ninja and Visual Studio.I have a second machine with everything installed there and trying out visual studio on that machine, I noticed everything was still good when looking at the indicator I was working on. So the only difference on the first machine was Rainbow. Uninstalling the assembly put everything back to normal. I can look at it again tomorrow when I have time.

regards,
    taddypole...
    Hi Lucas,

I have some more information on the crash with Visual Studio Express. I have some attachments but still don't know what it all means.

regards,
    taddypole...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• shicuco
    replied
    Originally Posted by Rainbow
    Does anyone experience black screen flicker with Rainbow on the chart? I was trying to find a solution for this issue for quite a long time, but I thought I finally resolved it as it never happened to me again.
    Because I just got a report of such a behavior...
    Thanks,
    Lucas

I do. It happens every now and then on the top side of the screen as I hover the mouse around the screen.
    Last edited by shicuco; 02-10-2015, 02:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rainbow
    replied
    Originally posted by thekreme View Post
    I'm not having any issues with a black flicker. It's working really well. Is there a way, though, to turn off the post-trade results' line lighting up white when I the crosshair is in the candle range of the trade?
    Oops, I must have forgotten it there as I was testing new feature for displaying additional trade information on mouse over. I'll fix that in the next version.
    Sorry
    Lucas

Leave a comment:

• thekreme
    replied
    Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
    Does anyone experience black screen flicker with Rainbow on the chart? I was trying to find a solution for this issue for quite a long time, but I thought I finally resolved it as it never happened to me again.
    Thanks,
    Lucas
    I'm not having any issues with a black flicker. It's working really well. Is there a way, though, to turn off the post-trade results' line lighting up white when I the crosshair is in the candle range of the trade?

Leave a comment:

• Rainbow
    replied
    Thanks,
    Lucas

Leave a comment:

• shicuco
    replied
    Thanks for the quick reply, Lucas! The fancy bar timer is too fancy for me. I tried your suggestion and it worked great! A value of -8 did the trick!

Thanks and good luck with your trading!

Leave a comment:

• Rainbow
    replied
    Hi shicuco,
    did you try the Fancy bar timer (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=-1&lpage=1)? You can set a position of that one. If you don't want to, a quick fix would be to change the red thing here (substract any value you like):

BarTimer Line #156:
    graphics.DrawString("Time remaining = " + timeLeft, ChartControl.Font, textBrush, bounds.X + bounds.Width - textWidth, bounds.Y + bounds.Height - textHeight, stringFormat);

Lucas

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post proptrade13  
Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
1 response