• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rainbow - The NinjaTrader enhancement plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
      Hello fx.practic,

I have reached out to the vendor of Rainbow to inquire further about the reporting website not denying access. I will update this thread when I have more information.
      Hello Ryan,

is there something new in this topic?
      If owner of Rainbow wouldn´t be willing to create Rainbow for NT8, is there some chance that its features would be implemented to NT8 by NT itself?
      To be true, now I can´t imagine to use NT without Rainbow!

Comment

Originally posted by emuns View Post
        Hello Ryan,

is there something new in this topic?
        If owner of Rainbow wouldn´t be willing to create Rainbow for NT8, is there some chance that its features would be implemented to NT8 by NT itself?
        To be true, now I can´t imagine to use NT without Rainbow!
        Hello emuns,

Thank you for the follow up.

I have not received any further information or correspondence from the vendor regarding creating these products for NinjaTrader 8.

While I cannot confirm that any of the features from the Rainbow assembly will be added to NinjaTrader 8 in the future, we can take your suggestions and submit them to the product management team for consideration to be added at a later date.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Question about "Windows Management"

Hello Rainbow

I have following question I hope you can help answering:

I have 6 charts open in NT 7. I want to "tie" 3 of them in a way that if I minimize one the other two will minimize as well, if I bring one on top of all other windows on my PC the other two will come as well.

I assume "Windows Management" is the feature I have to use BUT (here comes the question) I want to "tie" other 2 charts (out of total of 6 charts) to behave in the same way but independently of the first groups of 3 chats.

Is this possible? If "yes", can you please guide me how?

Thank you

Comment

Hello rafo05, and thank you for your question. I will leave this page up in case a community member can help with a programmatic solution. This said, this can be accomplished without custom programming. All windows within a workspace - workspaces documented here,

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...workspaces.htm

- can be minimized and maximized together in Windows 7 and above with the advice in this publicly available link.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/old...29-00/?p=15493
            Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Question about "Windows Management"

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
              Hello rafo05, and thank you for your question. I will leave this page up in case a community member can help with a programmatic solution. This said, this can be accomplished without custom programming. All windows within a workspace - workspaces documented here,

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...workspaces.htm

- can be minimized and maximized together in Windows 7 and above with the advice in this publicly available link.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/old...29-00/?p=15493
              Thank you NinjaTrader_JessicaP.

Just for clarification I have 7 chart windows open on the same workspace and I would like to link 3 of then to use the "Windows Management" features, and independently link other 2 to use the "Windows Management" features.

I appreciate any guidance/help on this matter

Comment

SiProRenko

In Ninjatrader 8 is there a way of programmatically accessing the SiProRenko (custom bar type from shark indicators) bars so for example to do something like

AddDataSeries(BarsPeriodType.Renko,5);

Where the standard renko type is replaced by for example

AddDataSeries(BarsPeriodType.SiProRenko,5);

Please advise thanks.

Originally posted by Taddypole View Post
                Interesting. I only use custom Renko bar types. Haven't used time based bars in years. I only use Nexgen's Dynamic Renko bars but I also have SharkIndicators SiProRenko type bars as well as UniRenko bars.

Here is the score:

1. NexGen Dynamic Renko------Default 24/7------------------problem exists
                ....NexGen Dynamic Renko------use instrument settings---Ok

2. SiProRenko-------------------------Default 24/7------------------problem exists
                ....SiProRenko-------------------------use instrument settings---Ok

3. UniRenko----------------------------Default 24/7-------------------Ok
                ....UniRenko----------------------------use instrument settings----Ok

No idea how bar type can make it different, but all I now is it works.. and i'm very happy.... this is an important tool for me that I've always wanted.

regards,
                taddypole...

Comment

Hello,

We solved this item through email, but I will post the solution here.

You can get the ID of the bar type by using this indicator then using that ID in AddDataSeries:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d=7&linkid=913

For example: AddDataSeries(new BarsPeriod() { BarsPeriodType = (BarsPeriodType)14, Value = 10, Value2 = 20 });
                  Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've uploaded the Rainbow indicator zip to this page in case anyone's interested in trying it —
                    for NinjaTrader 7 only
                    the date on the zip is May 18 20115

how can this indicator package be removed from NinjaTrader ?

Rainbow.zip
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello tradr,

Thanks for the post.

You can go to Tools>Edit NinjaScript>Indicator> Right click>Remove the files that you do not want.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
                      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by demo166130, Today, 08:26 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_JoshG  
                      Started by demo166130, Today, 08:36 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes