Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rainbow - The NinjaTrader enhancement plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi .. sounds nice rainbow indicator

i would like to try this out today.

do u have any suggestion the best hour of ur trading indicator?
    sorry, im little nit newbie in futures trading

Comment

Hi folks,
      before we get lost in the issues I created a public issue tracker, so you can add bugs and proposals there:

ad Visual Studio crash: I'm sorry, but I currently don't have the resources to work on this, but I'll try to figure it out sooner or later. As I saw in the stacktrace I have a bad feeling it won't be as simple as I thought.

ad Trades: I added this to the issues (as well as the other one), so you can track the progress there.

Lucas

Comment

Hi AisaHashim96,
        Rainbow is not an indicator that would give you entry/exit signals, it's a user experience enhancement addon.
        Lucas

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
          Hi AisaHashim96,
          Rainbow is not an indicator that would give you entry/exit signals, it's a user experience enhancement addon.
          Lucas
          i see.. yeah i just tried out. nice way. tq rainbow. D:

Comment

Hi folks!

New version is available through:

See the changelog for changes:

There are quite a lot of them and I rewrote some parts of Rainbow, so let me know if something went wrong.

If you don't download this manually, you'll get it through the auto-update in a few days.

Spread the word and enjoy!
            Lucas

Comment

Trades Plotted Incorrectly

Hi Lucas,

Tried your new version (0-1-3) and tested the plotting of Trades. In the attachments I have more information on the problem.

It appears it is an issue of display. If I simply grab the chart and slide it sideways, I can get the trades to display properly or incorrectly. So it appears to be an issue of what trades are in view that determines whether they plot correctly or not.

regards,
              taddypole...
              Last edited by Taddypole; 03-11-2015, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Sorry Lucas,

I was trying to post pictures and for some reason its not taking. So just a description that dragging the chart horizontally will cause the trades to plot incorrectly at times. Thus it appears to be related to the displaying of trades and not the trades themselves.

regards,
                taddypole...

Comment

Chart X'd Out

I have noticed with the latest release 0-1-3 of a chart getting a big Red X. It covers the whole chart. Attached is a picture. Its not there initially but after some time when I'm mousing around, it shows up on one chart. Three other charts are not affected.

The Red X appears when the Mouse is on another chart or on the chart border. If the Mouse is in the chart area, the Red X disappears and the extra trade details appear.

Tried many things to correct the problem, but the only way was to shut down Ninja Trader and reload.

Regards,
                  taddypole...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Taddypole; 03-11-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Hi Taddypole,
                    this sucks, I'll try to look into this as soon as possible.
                    Thanks for letting me know.
                    Lucas

Comment

I got the big red X chart also.I had to reload my charts to clear it. How can I un-install rainbow? It doesn't show in Edit/Indicators, so it cant be deleted there.

Comment

Hi MShead54,
                        with Taddypole it seemed that it wasn't Rainbow's fault, but his own indicator's. If you're sure it's Rainbow then you can remove it through File / Utilities / Remove NinjaScript Assembly, but I would be really interested in fixing this bug.
                        I currently don't have any ideas as what would cause it as all my paint exceptions (that would cause a RedX) are handled and I didn't experience a RedX from Rainbow for a few months now.
                        Lucas

Comment

Lucas,

What development tool do you use? Is it Visual Studio? Do you use VS Express?

I have the full package but just didn't elect to reload it after a couple of machine rebuilds and just went with the express version because it is lighter and easier.

This weekend I unloaded VS Express 13 and went back to VS Expess 12 just to see if that made a difference, but it didn't.

I could load Visual Studio 10 if that seems to be working.

taddypole...

Comment

Hi Taddypole,
                            in case you missed the big news, Microsoft released free Visual Studio Community 2013 for individual developers, which is equivalent to full Visual Studio. That's what I use. But I don't debug the final assembly, which is used for distribution, nor I have it linked.
                            The part of Rainbow, which causes trouble, is LibZ - a library I used for packing multiple assemblies into one, because it simplifies distribution/updates... At least based on the stacktrace you provided. And I currently don't know how to deal with the issue of debugging this library.
                            Lucas

Comment

Lucas,

I have uninstalled VS 2013 and 2012 Express versions and installed Visual Studio Community 2013 and still can't debug with Rainbow installed. As soon as I attach the Ninja Trader process it causes a crash.

If I remove Rainbow, restart the computer and run VS Community and Ninja Trader... no crashes.

So the only way I can work on my custom indicators is if I don't have Rainbow installed.

regards,
                              taddypole...

Comment

Hi Taddypole,
                                seeing how unhappy you are about not being able to debug with Rainbow installed ... I spent 3 hours today trying to figure out the cause. And here comes the good news: I fixed it! So the day when the 0.1.4 comes out will be your second Christmas.
                                Sincerely,
                                Lucas

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post GLFX005
                                by GLFX005