Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compiler stalling for 20 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiler stalling for 20 seconds

Hi,

Lately when I compile my indicator, it is taking about 20 seconds instead of the usual 2 seconds.

The indicator is about 13,000 lines but this has never been an issue before.

I have tried re-installing Ninjatrader, including removing ALL custom scripts (indicators and Statgies) and installing a fresh copy. Still the problem persists.

The strange thing is it seems to be a post compiler stall rather that the actual compilation process which is causing the issue. I know this because I have tried putting an error in the code. When I do this the comiler shows the error immediately, then hangs for 20 seconds...

Also I have tried removing all the custom ninja generated code and re-comiling and the ninjacode is generated in its entirety before it starts to hang for the 20 seconds.

So just to clarify, it compiles, then expands all my regions, the hangs for 15 - 10 seconds, then all the regions close up and I can start editing code again.

Any suggestions?

Marty087,

Thank you for your post.

I would try creating a new NinjaTrader 7 documents folder to test this out.

Save your license key for later use, Help -> License Key

Rename your current one to NinjaTrader 7.Old

Go to the control panel and try a repair of the NinjaTrader 7 installation. If that is not successful then try a uninstall and then reinstall of the application from the link below -
    Download NinjaTrader

This will create a new blank/fresh Documents folder.

You can then move the script from the old folder to the new one and test the compiler
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Cal,

Thanks for the response. I have tried all that, still lagging.

Where would I even begin to try to debug this?

Cheers.

Comment

Marty087,

What are you performance statistics at from the Task Manager? You can get this by right clicking on the task bar -> Start Task Manager -> Performance Tab

The only other option would be to test a different computer and see if its local or not.
        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The first core of my processor was taking quite a hit the whole time of the delay. Turns out that the delay must have something to do with the Ninjascript generated code. When I remove half of my exposed variables (belonging to GridCategory) the compilation took half the time. Removing them all, the lag has now disappeared. So for me to just get around this issue I have changed all the [GridCategory] vars to [Category] now they are no longer overloads for the indi but I can put them back that way if I want to run a strategy that calls the indi.

Cheers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes