• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ZigZag help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ZigZag help.

    Hello!
    Can somebody explain me how the ZigZag indicator works?
    For example I have this chart:
    http://gyazo.com/0017864b30fdf4ab0964db076b71917d


    The problem I see:
    I'm using deviation value 0,8, and as I understand this is 80% (deviation type - Percent).
    But when I see on chart price dont go that 80% before changing ZigZag! It can be 5-10-20% or another... And I cant understand how it works!
    On the screenshot 1st is my first zigzag (main), and 2nd is that "non 80%"... But why it changed?

    Thanks!

    #2
    Originally posted by YevhenShynkarenko View Post
    Hello!
    Can somebody explain me how the ZigZag indicator works?
    For example I have this chart:
    http://gyazo.com/0017864b30fdf4ab0964db076b71917d


    The problem I see:
    I'm using deviation value 0,8, and as I understand this is 80% (deviation type - Percent).
    But when I see on chart price dont go that 80% before changing ZigZag! It can be 5-10-20% or another... And I cant understand how it works!
    On the screenshot 1st is my first zigzag (main), and 2nd is that "non 80%"... But why it changed?

    Thanks!
    The percentage value is not 80% but 0.8 %. The deviation is a minimum deviation. This means that a swing can be larger than 0.8%, but not smaller. Smaller swings will be ignored by the indicator.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Harry View Post
      The percentage value is not 80% but 0.8 %. The deviation is a minimum deviation. This means that a swing can be larger than 0.8%, but not smaller. Smaller swings will be ignored by the indicator.
      And the deviation uses in both sides? When I put 50 for example on the chart - I have no ZigZag at all.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by YevhenShynkarenko View Post
        And the deviation uses in both sides? When I put 50 for example on the chart - I have no ZigZag at all.
        This is as expected. You would need to wait for a security to lose half its value (50%) before a downward swing can be plotted. Or its value would need to be multiplied by one and a half for an upward swing.
        Last edited by Harry; 04-20-2015, 03:40 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          Harry,
          could U send me Bill Williams acceleration/deceleration ?
          the copy downloaded here inside .zip file is not working,
          I got all others like Alligator, fractal,.........except BW-AC

          Comment

          Latest Posts

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sgordet, Today, 10:31 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post sgordet
          by sgordet
           
          Started by Ilpropio, Today, 09:45 PM
          0 responses
          2 views
          0 likes
          Last Post Ilpropio  
          Started by Revan, Today, 05:44 PM
          1 response
          14 views
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Marco  
          Started by superg3, Today, 07:57 PM
          0 responses
          4 views
          0 likes
          Last Post superg3
          by superg3
           
          Started by Longhornmark, Today, 07:06 AM
          5 responses
          35 views
          0 likes
          Last Post nkhoi
          by nkhoi
           
          Working...
          X