Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator Compiler Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by outsource View Post
    As simple or as complex as it was,the indicator shoots audible alerts regardless of if i set it to true or false
    The code that you posted was a string property for a FileName. Strings cannot be true or false, so you are now talking about something else entirely. However, the comment would mean that your Alert/Sound call is not being properly filtered.

At this time, your best course of action is to stop doing all the advanced c# that is not in NinjaTrader, and focus on how to correctly write the closed-garden Ninjascript. The NinjaTrader Help file is a complete tome on NinjaTrader, starting with how to set it up, all the way to writing mid-advanced scripts. If you fancy that you already know operations, (you probably do not: I have been using NinjaTrader for more than a decade, and I still find things in there that I did not know ), you can skip straight to the tutorials section, and work through all the examples.

By the time you are done, you will know enough Ninjascript to be functional. After that, there will still be many things that you cannot do in Ninjascript conveniently, and you will have to jump out into the bigger world of c#, but you will find that you are also then much better equipped to understand the c# documentation and myriad examples available on the web and elsewhere.

Comment

I posted the code that was modified from the similar one,that,in turns, was modified from the original one.

This one had compiler and, has an audible alert problem.The former had serialization proble,so i was not abler to save the template.Both were modified by supposedly advanced programmers.

I`ll take your advice to start with the Ninja directly.Thank you!

As a remark.I`ve been studying English and Spanish being of Russian origin all my life and still use dictionaries,at times.I believe,studying pogramming language has something in common.The life time span problem remains,though.It occasionally extends to 100 only.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post RookieTrader