Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Net Change Indicator???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net Change Indicator???

I am looking for an Indicator that will look at a change in price over a user specified period of time. I want to specifically use this in my Market Analyzer window and not on my charts. The current Net Change indicator for Market Analyzer only compares the change in price from the previous day. I would like to be able to modify this parameter as I see fit, be it minute, hour, day, week month or year. Perhaps for the use on charts, the indicator could also somehow be linked to volume giving a clear signal of rapidly moving price.

I have seen other requests for this type of indicator from historical forum archives but I have not seen where an indicator has been created as of yet. I am new to NinjaTrader and I would like to know if anyone has done this successfully.

Thanks in Advance

Dolfan

Originally posted by Dolfan View Post
    I am looking for an Indicator that will look at a change in price over a user specified period of time. I want to specifically use this in my Market Analyzer window and not on my charts. The current Net Change indicator for Market Analyzer only compares the change in price from the previous day. I would like to be able to modify this parameter as I see fit, be it minute, hour, day, week month or year. Perhaps for the use on charts, the indicator could also somehow be linked to volume giving a clear signal of rapidly moving price.

I have seen other requests for this type of indicator from historical forum archives but I have not seen where an indicator has been created as of yet. I am new to NinjaTrader and I would like to know if anyone has done this successfully.

Thanks in Advance

Dolfan
    What current "Net Change indicator"?

Regardless, if you just want to see the net change over a number of bars, that is the indicator universally called Momentum. It ships with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

I am not aware of such an indicator. One of our forum members may be willing to assist here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
        What current "Net Change indicator"?

Regardless, if you just want to see the net change over a number of bars, that is the indicator universally called Momentum. It ships with NinjaTrader.
        Open a Market Analyzer, right click on it and select columns. The list of options for columns includes NetChange but only displays a change from the previous day. The variables are limited to currency, percentage or points. If one could adjust the time factor to minutes or even hours, data would be more up to date. With the auto sort function on, one could monitor the Market Analyzer and when assets are on the move due to news or other events, they would pop to the top of the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello Dolfan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

I am not aware of such an indicator. One of our forum members may be willing to assist here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
          Can we make our own indicators that work in the Market Analyzer? Is there software that I need to augment my NinjaTrader platform or some training that I need and can be found on here? I am not a programmer but I am willing to learn this process of Ninja.

Thanks for your assistance!

Best regards,

Dolfan

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the questions.

Yes is is possible to make a indicator specifically for the Market Analyzer, because the MA can load a Indicator column you can do this with most indicators you create. It really just depends on the value the indicator outputs on weather that will work in the MA or not for alerts and other items.

NinjaTrader comes with the NinjaScript editor (Tools -> New / Edit NinjaScript) which you can create or edit ninjascript items such as indicators and strategies.

There is a slight learning curve, NinjaScript is C# programming language so a basic knowledge of C# will help greatly. I would recommend looking over this page sections 5 - 11 are the most relevant: http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/C_Sharp_Essentials

Additionally I would recommend taking a look through the help guide documentation here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._reference.htm

Also you can view the code for the built in indicators using the Tools -> Edit NinjaScript menu.

I look forward to being of further assistance .
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have such an indicator.How do i use it with MA?

Comment

What is your indicator, and can you share it?

Comment

I'll take a look at these links. I am no programmer but I may give it a shot with some assistance.

When using the editor I only see the indicators listed in the Indicator file folder. I do not see any in the Market Analyzer folder. Is it a matter of just copying them to the appropriate folder for editing and compiling? Thanks!

Dolfan

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan View Post
                    I'll take a look at these links. I am no programmer but I may give it a shot with some assistance.

When using the editor I only see the indicators listed in the Indicator file folder. I do not see any in the Market Analyzer folder. Is it a matter of just copying them to the appropriate folder for editing and compiling? Thanks!

Dolfan
                    There is a whole section of the NinjaTrader Help that is devoted to the Market Analyzer and how to use it. It might pay you to read it.

And as I informed you, the indicator used to determine the net change is called Momentum. Use it.

Comment

No,i wouldn`t share it since it was not written by me.I won`t also advertise the place i got it since i don`t like its owner.

If you are willing to give it a shot,here is the formula thta you`d need:

Code:
                      Plot0.Set(((Closes[0][0]-CurrentDayOHL(BarsArray[0]).CurrentOpen[0])/CurrentDayOHL(BarsArray[0]).CurrentOpen[0])*100);
                      It calculates the net change over the chosen period - 5M,30M or whatever M you choose - 1440M...

Good luck

Comment

Did anyone get this to work? Would appreciate it being shared in that case.

Comment

I have not tried this. The code help was insufficient for me to understand how to use it.

Comment

I found another solution. For me at least. To get the % change for 30 days, 90 days etc, I use the indicator ROC in the market analyzer, set period to 1 and use the value (data series) I'm looking for, ie 30 days or 90 days. If you want the absolute change and not %, try the momentum indicator in the same way.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NRITV
                            by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                            7 responses
                            0 likes