Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Change in colors intrabar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change in colors intrabar question

Hello All,

as is known, volume changes colors according to the price bar/candle/etc...Change occurs at doji.The question is,how do i have the first color the bar/volume paint in the background regardles of its next changes at doji?

Here`s the code example.I`m trying this,but the colors in the background are still changing;

Code:
    if(Values[0][1] < Values[7][1] && Values[1][0] > Values[4][0] && ExtrnColor[0] == 1){
    					BackColor = Color.FromArgb(50, Color.Black);}
    else if(Values[0][1] < Values[7][1] && Values[1][0] > Values[4][0] && ExtrnColor[0] == -1){
    					BackColor = Color.FromArgb(50, Color.Red);}

Hello,

Just to clarify, are you saying that if a bar heads upward, turning the backColor green (or any other color representing an up bar), then starts to head lower than its opening price within the same bar, that you would like the backColor to stay green, rather than switching and ending up red (or any other color representing a down bar) after the bar closes down?
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
      Hello,

Just to clarify, are you saying that if a bar heads upward, turning the backColor green (or any other color representing an up bar), then starts to head lower than its opening price within the same bar, that you would like the backColor to stay green, rather than switching and ending up red (or any other color representing a down bar) after the bar closes down?
      Hi Dave,

yes,exactly.Bar on the way up and touches(EMA,for e.g.),and greenish,i want the greenish color to stick to the background,regardles if it suddenly gets bavk to the openenig,crosses the doji,and becomes redish now.

The snippet i provided doesn`t work.It`s still changing background colors at doji.

Comment

Hey guys, i know your all excited about your new toy,but could you plese share some of you precious time for those who aren`t yet?

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

Please note that our regular support hours are 9am to 6pm EST, Monday through Friday. However, threads remain open in the discussion forum to allow other users to reply.

You should be able to prevent this by setting a bool to true when the color has been changed, then changing it back to false on the first tick of the next bar, then adding a check for this variable in the condition that sets backColor. You can check the boolean value of FirstTickOfBar to determine when a new bar begins.

Comment

Hello,

Please note that our regular support hours are 9am to 6pm EST, Monday through Friday. However, threads remain open in the discussion forum to allow other users to reply.

You should be able to prevent this by setting a bool to true when the color has been changed, then changing it back to false on the first tick of the next bar, then adding a check for this variable in the condition that sets backColor. You can check the boolean value of FirstTickOfBar to determine when a new bar begins.
            Hi Dave,

can you please provide some pseudo example for this snippet?

Code:
            if(Values[0][1] < Values[7][1] && Values[1][0] > Values[4][0] && ExtrnColor[0] == 1){
            					BackColor = Color.FromArgb(50, Color.Black);}
            else if(Values[0][1] < Values[7][1] && Values[1][0] > Values[4][0] && ExtrnColor[0] == -1){
            					BackColor = Color.FromArgb(50, Color.Red);}
            Thanks

Comment

Sure thing. I'm thinking something like this:

Code:
              private bool backColorChanged = false;

protected override void OnBarUpdate() {
                 if (FirstTickOfBar) backColorChanged = false;

if (Values[0][1] < Values[7][1] && Values[1][0] > Values[4][0] && ExtrnColor[0] == 1 && backColorChanged == false)
                          {
                              BackColor = Color.FromArgb(50, Color.Black);
                              backColorChanged = true;
                          }
                          else if (Values[0][1] < Values[7][1] && Values[1][0] > Values[4][0] && ExtrnColor[0] == -1 && backColorChanged == false)
                          {
                              BackColor = Color.FromArgb(50, Color.Red);
                              backColorChanged = true;
                          }
              }

Comment

Sure thing. I'm thinking something like this:

Code:
                private bool backColorChanged = false;

protected override void OnBarUpdate() {
                   if (FirstTickOfBar) backColorChanged = false;

if (Values[0][1] < Values[7][1] && Values[1][0] > Values[4][0] && ExtrnColor[0] == 1 && backColorChanged == false)
                            {
                                BackColor = Color.FromArgb(50, Color.Black);
                                backColorChanged = true;
                            }
                            else if (Values[0][1] < Values[7][1] && Values[1][0] > Values[4][0] && ExtrnColor[0] == -1 && backColorChanged == false)
                            {
                                BackColor = Color.FromArgb(50, Color.Red);
                                backColorChanged = true;
                            }
                }
                Thanks,Dave,

i`m going to try it.

Best!

Comment

Hi Dave,

the idea doesn`t work.The background colors still alternate,as the bar futher develops.

Comment

Hi Dave,i found the way to make it workable as i needed to,without setting the bool flag you`ve suggested.The problem now,is that the background colors disappear after i hit F5.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hello,

That does sound odd. That would mean that, for whatever reason, your indicator is not performing all of its logic when it is re-loaded. If you are willing to share your script with me, I'll be happy to test it out on my end and see what might be causing the trouble. Feel free to send it to platform support via email and reference ticket # 1312732, if you would like to keep it out of the forum.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. After testing a bit, I cannot seem to reproduce the results you are seeing. The background regions seem to be drawing as expected, and they persist when I reload all NinjaScript on the chart by pressing F5 or using the right-click context menu.

Can you think of any other variables in play that I may need to do or set up in order to reproduce the issue? Do you see the same issue on a chart with only this one indicator applied?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. After testing a bit, I cannot seem to reproduce the results you are seeing. The background regions seem to be drawing as expected, and they persist when I reload all NinjaScript on the chart by pressing F5 or using the right-click context menu.

Can you think of any other variables in play that I may need to do or set up in order to reproduce the issue? Do you see the same issue on a chart with only this one indicator applied?
                          Hi Dave,the background is colore according to the Volume bar value on close,which is exposed as the Values[0].I need it to be colored using Predicted volume on COBC = false,which is exposed as the Values[1].

Can you please double check it?

Comment

Hello,

You bet, but I'll need to know a little more about exactly what is expected. Can you take a look at the screenshot below and tell me exactly where these backColor changes should have occurred?

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hello,

You bet, but I'll need to know a little more about exactly what is expected. Can you take a look at the screenshot below and tell me exactly where these backColor changes should have occurred?

http://screencast.com/t/VlXw3wWwT
                              Hi Dave,

The prior bar is below the threshold(which is Values[7] and the bar with the colored background is Above the threshold(which is Values[7],as well)which is you did`nt activate,btw.It all occured on the Bar[0] on the bar closed.What i need is,to color the background when the Predicted volume touches the threshold.Predicted volume value exposed as the Values[1]

There is a problem though,which i described many many many times.The background colors disappear as soon as you hit F5,no matter if you use Predicted volume value or simple volume bar on close.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jclose
                              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                              10 responses