Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Parameters sorted differently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parameters sorted differently?

If you look at these two screen shots of the same strategy parameters on two different computers, you'll see one has parameters sorted alphabetically, and the other has parameters sorted by the order in the Properties region of the code. How do I get both computers to sort the parameters the same way?

Thanks!
    Bryan
    Attached Files
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I am unsure the reason the sorting would be working on one PC and not the other. Can you tell me, is this the identical script? Did you export the script from the working pc and import it into the non working one?

Also does this persist after restarting the platform?

Are both NinjaTrader platforms the same version also? You can check this in the Help -> About menu.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know, Jesse -- it's weird huh? The one that's working is on my development PC, and the one that's not is an exported copy that is in a DLL on a friend's PC. Both are the same script. I assume both are running the same version of NT, although I can ask to be sure. Would that make a difference?

I have never encountered this before, so I don't know what to look for or ask. Perhaps there's is some "regional settings' in Windows that would do this? I do know his native language is not English.

Bryan
      cassb

Comment

Hello,

Yes that is strange, I suppose the difference in version could be the reason but doubtful, something to check anyway.

It is possibly regional settings, it seems odd that you could set windows to not be in alphabetical order, but for a different language I suppose this could be the case.

I would double check the version and possibly have the other computer remove and re import the strategy.
        If this does not resolve it, check if there is a template stored for the item also, I suppose this could play a part : Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\Strategy

If there is a template for this item in the folder, try removing it and restarting the platform to see if that helps.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK thanks. I chose the quick solution and just sorted the parameters myself in the code. End of issue. :-)
          cassb

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post GLFX005
          by GLFX005