Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import Default Parameters for Indicator Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Default Parameters for Indicator Setup

Hi,

is there a way that you can create input parameter 'templates' or some such, so that when someone imports your indicator, they can also import something that will set all the input parameters a certain way?

I know you can code in the defaults in the indy itself, but I would like to be able to create several templates (xml?) that set the indicator up in a certain way.

Thanks,
    Will.

Originally posted by dontpanic View Post
    Hi,

is there a way that you can create input parameter 'templates' or some such, so that when someone imports your indicator, they can also import something that will set all the input parameters a certain way?

I know you can code in the defaults in the indy itself, but I would like to be able to create several templates (xml?) that set the indicator up in a certain way.

Thanks,
    Will.
    Templates are stored in subfolders of the NinjaTrader data directory.

Comment

Hello Will,

Yes, you can include one indicator template with your script, or several chart templates, or a workspace.

The indicator template will hold the default settings for the indicator when a new instance is added to the list of active indicators for a chart. There can only be one of these per indicator as this is the default settings for that indicator when first added.

The chart template can contain all indicators and settings you want on the chart as a complete chart including any individual settings for in. This will remove / reset any settings already on the chart when applied.

Below is a link to the help guide on Saving Chart Defaults.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t_defaults.htm

The templates are located in Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates.

When you make your export, you will need to manually add the template with the correct respective path.
      For example if adding an indicator template, create a folder named template -> in this folder create a new folder named Indicator -> in this folder add your indicator template -> then add the entire template folder to the exported .zip of the indicator.

Attached is an example I've made previously to illustrate.
      Attached Files
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post love2code2trade  
      Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
      2 responses