Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator difference

My son and I are both using NinjaTrader. His is v 7.0 1000.27 and mine is also v 7.0 1000.27.

We both use real-time data from our own fxcm accounts.

Data series and indicator setting are the same and so is chart price data and moving averages.

But our stochastics indicators are different.

K 50.88 (his) vs K 52.63 (mine)

any ideas?

Hello futurenets,

If data and indicator settings are exactly the same, the indicator values should be the same as well.

Can you please both right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'. Subsequently check if the Stochastics indicator reports the same values.

If the issue remains, please check what historical data source is used for your FXCM connections in NinjaTrader. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Account Connections, highlight your FXCM connection and click Change. Click Next and check if you both have the same source for historical data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think this is probably a small difference in data received from fxcm and nothing to do with NT.

One other small problem we're both having ...

We're both using workspace6 and have saved the current workspace as this but when we both exit is asks us if we want to save an earlier workspace1. When we both load NT it loads workspace6.

should I create a separate topic for this?

Comment

Could it be you have this workspace opened in the background? Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check if the workspace is listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace that is displayed on your monitor(s). Workspaces listed without a checkmark are opened in the background.

If you see it listed, please select it. Subsequently go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace to close it. Subsequently you will not be prompted anymore to save this workspace when exiting NinjaTrader.

No need to create separate topic.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok thanks

we deleted all the other workspaces in NinaTrader 7\workpsace and it's ok now.

thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bmartz
          by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          4 responses