Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

LineBreak Close Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LineBreak Close Times

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a possible way to access the integer value of the close time of each line break bar. I understand that LB bars are independent of time and using traditional methods such as ToTime(Time[0]) will not work, but since the close times of each LB bar is displayed on the chart, I would assume there has to be some way to access these values.

Thanks for the help!

Hello,

Although there is not any data inherent in the bars themselves that would provide info on the session break times, there are methods that can be used to determine the next session end time, which is the point at which the session break line will be plotted. Take a look at the info on Bars.Session below:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ml?session.htm

Specifically, the GetNextBeginEnd() method should be exactly what you are looking for:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...xtbeginend.htm

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Dave,

Thanks for the great idea. I'm having some difficulty implementing GetNextBeginEnd, however. When using the bar signature and adding ToTime(sessionBegin) and plotting the value, I notice that the session begin value is constant, regardless of the bar. Any idea why this may be happening? My code is straight out of the reference:

Code:
      Bars.Session.GetNextBeginEnd(BarsArray[0], 0, out sessionBegin, out sessionEnd);
      Plot0.Set(ToTime(sessionBegin));

Comment

Hello,

I believe that would be expected. GetNextBeginEnd() is returning a DateTime object, and ToTime() is extrapolating an integer value of the time only (not the date). The session start time itself should be the same in every session, only the date would change. Since the date is not parsed by ToTime(), then all you would see would be the time that each session begins, which should always be constant (unless you have set up a custom session template with different start/end times each day).
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes