Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

harmonic pattern id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harmonic pattern id

I've got the hang of fib ret & ext tools but it feels a bit clumsy trying to use
    these to identify (and ongoing evaluation of) harmonic patterns.

I prefer manual identification to get a better feel of these patterns but wondered if anyone had acquired an efficient way to do the number crunching in NinjaTrader (possibly using a script?) and wanted to share?

thanks in advance.

PS. I have neoHarmonicsCheatSheet.pdf which helps. I am a software developer and happy to work with the right person to create something freely available for the NT library,

.. or perhaps building on an existing indicator that collects mouse clicks to create a basic version 1.00? then the community could decide how to take it forward?
    Last edited by futurenets; 06-14-2015, 06:23 AM.

Originally posted by futurenets View Post
    I've got the hang of fib ret & ext tools but it feels a bit clumsy trying to use
    these to identify (and ongoing evaluation of) harmonic patterns.

I prefer manual identification to get a better feel of these patterns but wondered if anyone had acquired an efficient way to do the number crunching in NinjaTrader (possibly using a script?) and wanted to share?

thanks in advance.

PS. I have neoHarmonicsCheatSheet.pdf which helps. I am a software developer and happy to work with the right person to create something freely available for the NT library,

.. or perhaps building on an existing indicator that collects mouse clicks to create a basic version 1.00? then the community could decide how to take it forward?
    Hi futurenets,

please see the images attached.It`s a proxy of the butterfly pattern using just the bars combination.Is that what you talk,i`m not sure.You can try to creat it using ninja script.Please let me know.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by outsource View Post
      Hi futurenets,

please see the images attached.It`s a proxy of the butterfly pattern using just the bars combination.Is that what you talk,i`m not sure.You can try to creat it using ninja script.Please let me know.
      I`m sorry, just doublecheked it - the image is more like the Gartley pattern then the Butterfly,but i think you get the point...

Cheers!

Comment

ok outsource thanks.

I've made some progress with a XACBD (any combination) where you select the points manually and it does the number crunching & drawing automatically (you're left to decide what pattern it is). Quite useful. Should be done today but need an expert to guide me and your image is exactly the sort of stuff I'm after.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by futurenets; 06-16-2015, 12:32 AM.

Comment

ok outsource thanks.

I've made some progress with a XACBD (any combination) where you select the points manually and it does the number crunching & drawing automatically (you're left to decide what pattern it is). Quite useful. Should be done today but need an expert to guide me and your image is exactly the sort of stuff I'm after.
          Naturally.Will you update us with your findings?

in the image you`ve attached - the fib based pattern.However,my idea was to use one tick range chart(meaning a number on the image is equal to 1 tick range bar),and just to connect the Highs/Lows/Close dots.

Hard to find more harmonic then 1 tick bar,right.You can increase it to 2-3-whatever ticks,though.No need for the fibs.

So,for e.g.,the bullish "Gartley" formula on my image,is sort of:

Code:
          (High[0] == Low[0] && High[0] == High[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 7)] && High[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 4)] ==  High[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 5)] && High High[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 8)] < HighHigh[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 7)]........................etc etc  )
          I mean,you get the point.Quite rough example,but i`m sure you get it.By the same token you can construct any pattern using just 1 tick range bars combination.I experimented with sort of the "formula" above and the pattern aligned pretty good there.

Comment

ok yes will update.

with my initial code the user will just select & click on the chart bars 5 times and it will draw the XABCD pattern plus numbers.

I think you're looking at something to automatically find patterns? If so I'd prefer to keep it simple to start off but you're ideas are good so let me know - pm me.

Comment

ok yes will update.

with my initial code the user will just select & click on the chart bars 5 times and it will draw the XABCD pattern plus numbers.

I think you're looking at something to automatically find patterns? If so I'd prefer to keep it simple to start off but you're ideas are good so let me know - pm me.
              Yes,to automatically spot such patterns that appear due to bars combo.Take a look at the attaches(the original one and the one in which i`ve erased the adjacent bars for the better represantation).There you`ll see the real world occurrence of the bullish "Gartley'' pattern consisting of the 8 one tick renko bars(which you`ll find similar to my prior ''sketched'' image,only this one is real).

The trick is to hard code it,so it would outline as a pattern and exposed it for a strategy usage.

The pseudo code example i`ve provided is somewhat sloppy - sometimes you get the signal,but the pattern isn`t there - meaning it can coincide with the formula but being of a different shape.So,surely,the more advanced coding skills and experience is required to get exactly what on the images.So,go ahead,if your interested in such exersise,you can try it out and hardcode it with ninjascript.I would be really glad to see if you make it.

Cheers!
              Attached Files

Comment

Here,the images with the real world(algorithmical one) of the bullish "Butterfly".
                Attached Files

Comment

first stage Gartley, Bat, Butterfly & Crab almost done.

Is there a trick to using DrawText Opacity? Noticed that lines show through my text boxes but not always.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by futurenets; 06-17-2015, 06:48 AM.

Comment

It is probably not an opacity issue but rather some of your boxes are above the lines and some are below. Definitely a Z order issue which is uncontrollable in NT7.

Dan
                    Last edited by eDanny; 06-17-2015, 11:47 AM.
                    eDanny
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

first stage Gartley, Bat, Butterfly & Crab almost done.

Is there a trick to using DrawText Opacity? Noticed that lines show through my text boxes but not always.
                      You may well be aware of this but you can give DrawText some very useful enhancements. This is from something I coded up:

DrawText("Uptext" + CurrentBar, true, b.ToString(), 0, High[0] + Hmult * TickSize, 0, Color.Black, new Font ("Arial", 10, FontStyle.Bold), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Black, Color.White, 10);

The last overload handles opacity.

Comment

I've got the mkhormanics indicator, wich I think is working fine but can get some tweaking, a nicer face. Basically it's doing what it has to do and that is finding patterns.

Comment

script harmonics

Is there some script somewhare here for harmonics please?

Comment

Hello laredo787,

You can find information on two of our partners that support harmonic pattern indicators at the following links:

Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,guys!

Does anyone know how to put several indicators in the chart?It seems that it`s impossible.I tried to re-name but it still doesn`t plot several of them.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post techgetgame  
                              Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sephichapdson