Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

custom indicators are missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom indicators are missing

NT7 has always been installed on a ramdisk drive. I uninstalled v27 and reinstalled v28 on the C drive. It's working, but my custom indicators I made are not showing up in the indicator list. They're in the edit ninjascript list, but not in the list that adds them to my charts.

How can I fix this?

It looks like the indicators I made and some 3rd party ones I installed are searching for a .dll file on the old drive. All those files were removed when I reinstalled NT. And I can't re-import these indicators until I fix these errors in ninjascript.

So I'm completely stuck until I hear from you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by imalil View Post
      It looks like the indicators I made and some 3rd party ones I installed are searching for a .dll file on the old drive. All those files were removed when I reinstalled NT. And I can't re-import these indicators until I fix these errors in ninjascript.

So I'm completely stuck until I hear from you guys.
      If you feel competent enough, you can edit the Config.xml file to remove those references, or remap them.

Otherwise take the shotgun approach: just rename the Config.xml file and then repair or reinstall NinjaTrader.

Comment

I don't know how to rename the config.xml file. If anyone could tell me how to do it I'd appreciate it. I've attached the error.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

This indicates you are missing some required reference DLL's or have corrupted ones listed - please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.

1. In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
          2. In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the 'Ok' button.This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :
          3. Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
          4. In the context menu click on 'References'
          5. In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL's which are giving errors one by one and click on the 'Remove' button.

After removing, add back the reference with the right path :

1. In the Reference dialog, Click on the 'Add' button.
          2. Select all the missing DLL's (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64) one by one and then click 'Ok'. [Please adjust if needed for 32 bit setup]
          3. Compile the indicator now by pressing F5. The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state.

Please also see the section "How to add a reference" from our help guide

If you run into any issues fixing the issue with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.
          Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by imalil View Post
            I don't know how to rename the config.xml file. If anyone could tell me how to do it I'd appreciate it. I've attached the error.
            Search for it in windows/file/ explorer and right click and select RENAME.

Comment

Thanks for this. Yesterday before I heard from you I deleted the two R:dll files (that I attached) from the reference from an indicator. Now the indicators have many more errors. The R:dll files I deleted do not show up in bin64. I don't know what dll to add to bin64 to correct this. I've attached the new errors.
              Attached Files

Comment

I restored my system to before NT was installed on C:. I reinstalled NT on R: ramdisk. The indicators do show in my indicator list, but when I go to edit ninjascript and compile I get the attached errors. The same errors for all my indicators and two 3rd party indicators I use. All my indicators worked perfectly before I did this uninstall/reinstall.

My goal is to completely uninstall NT from this ramdisk and install everything on C:, but now even the ramdisk is giving me compile errors on my indicators.

This is something I have never done before, so if you understand this problem and know how to fix, please give me step by step directions. Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

I fixed this. I was making it much harder than it was. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post LawrenHom  
                  Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post love2code2trade