Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plot not showing ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot not showing ???

I'm sure there must be something simple I am overlooking, and I'll be suitably embarrassed when someone points it out to me, but here goes:
    • The indicator pane containing my indicator shows the three lines the indicator Add()ed -- good
    • The indicator pane does not show the actual indicator value -- bad
    • The indicator pane auto-scales to the indicator values, even though they are not getting visibly plotted
    • The correct indicator values show up in the DataBox, even though they are not visible
    • The plot line is configured fine (e.g. not Transparent). In fact, I set it black and 5 pixels wide to ensure I'd see it if possible. Still nothing visible.

In short, everything about the indicator pane is exactly what I would expect EXCEPT the indicator plot itself is not visible.

What am I overlooking? (I'm sure it must be something embarrassingly simple.)

--EV
    Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 07-07-2015, 08:48 AM.

Hello EV,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Just to clarify, the Indicators window shows that you have those three lines that you added in your script, but the lines are not visible at all on the chart?

Could you provide a screenshot of what is occurring?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Something you could try doing, meanwhile, is remove the indicator from your chart, press OK, re-open the Indicators window and re-add that indicator into your chart once more.

If you could also provide snippets of your code related to adding the plots and plotting your values, that would be helpful as well.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, the Add()ed Lines ARE visible on the chart, plotted exactly as they should be.

What is not visible is the indicator plot itself. The indicator plot affects everything it should (DataBox, auto-scaling the indicator pane), but the actual plot is not visible.

I have tried removing and re-adding the indicator; that does not change anything.

(Requested info sent by email.)

--EV
      Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 07-07-2015, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Hello EV,

Please open the Indicators window and see if the Price marker(s) section under the Visual category is set to True.
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, it is set to True. Screenshot of Indicators dialog emailed.

Comment

As expected, the answer turned out to be embarrassingly simple. An override of Plot(...) needs to either do ALL drawing or else call base.Plot(...) to do the basic drawing and then do whatever else it wants to. Unfortunately this demo indicator's Plot(...) did neither one.

Thanks to NinjaTrader support (Zachary).

--EV

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
            1 response
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post swestendorf  
            Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
            0 responses