Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Possible swing indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible swing indicator

Is there a swing indicator or is someone able to make this simple indicator where it will project a swing length.

For example, Let's say I click on a candle at the bottom of a chart. I want to enter a value of say 100. I then want a diagonal line to form that will go up and to the right for 100 ticks. This way I know when the swing may end.

Same for a short, I will click on a candle at the top of the chart and with say a value that I specify of X where X may = 100 it will draw a diagonal line that goes down to the bottom of the chart and towards the right for 100 ticks.

Hello islandwizard,

Thanks for your post.

I am not aware of an indicator that could project a swing into the future, perhaps others in the community might.

As an alternative you could use a draw tool such as the line tool to draw a line to project into the future. You can change the properties of the line (double left-click on line to access properties) to set it to as many ticks as you wish.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am not aware of such an indicator, but it might not be too hard to write. What about one that plots the linear regression line from the last swing point to the current bar and then extrapolates it by the required number of bars? Would NinjaScript have any problem dealing with plotting the indicator into the future?

--EV

Comment

100 ticks is only half the equation. At what angle is the line to be drawn??
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

My suggestion answered that. Do you have a better suggestion?

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I will try drawing a line and clicking on the properties. Obviously something more advanced would work better. As to the angle, I would think a 45 degree angle might work or the angle could be x and manually entered.

The reason this swing projection would be useful is that I know a trader who knows the average swing length values for different futures.

Comment

For visuals, you really do not need an indicator, just use the Ruler from the NT drawing ToolBar. Using mouse click ,you can draw the line at any angle you want for any size or tick number. All the information will be in the Ruler Box also. Using the mouse, you can move the ruler end point on the chart as you wish.

Cheers!

Originally posted by islandwizard View Post
              Is there a swing indicator or is someone able to make this simple indicator where it will project a swing length.

For example, Let's say I click on a candle at the bottom of a chart. I want to enter a value of say 100. I then want a diagonal line to form that will go up and to the right for 100 ticks. This way I know when the swing may end.

Same for a short, I will click on a candle at the top of the chart and with say a value that I specify of X where X may = 100 it will draw a diagonal line that goes down to the bottom of the chart and towards the right for 100 ticks.

Comment

Originally posted by islandwizard View Post
                Thanks for the feedback. I will try drawing a line and clicking on the properties. Obviously something more advanced would work better. As to the angle, I would think a 45 degree angle might work or the angle could be x and manually entered.

The reason this swing projection would be useful is that I know a trader who knows the average swing length values for different futures.
                I also know the average swing length (on this very bar, every bar) for any and every instrument that I choose, or that you tell me. There is an indicator that tells me so.

I talked about it yesterday.

You can pick up the entire presentation slides if you want.

Just follow the instructions in my signature.
                Last edited by koganam; 07-09-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post GLFX005