Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Standard Deviation Indicator ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard Deviation Indicator ?

Hi,
    I searched through the NinjaTrader 7 Indicators, and was unable to find a Specific " Standard Deviation : Indicator,
    That plots both above and below , any current days .... 1 , 1.5 , 2 , 2.5 , 3 , 3.5 and 4 Standard Deviation levels

As far as how these Standard Deviation levels would be calculated ..... Maybe calculate them using 3 different timeframe LookBack periods .... 5 , 12 and 20 day LookBack periods perhaps ?

Or maybe better to calculate the Standard Deviation levels based off of the previous days Close ?
    Or from the previous days High and Low ?

I am foreign to coding and programming,
    but hopefully someone can help guide me in the right direction to this type of Indicator.

Thanks for the help
    really appreciate it

Hello mdsvtr,

NinjaTrader comes pre-installed with over 100 free indicators. If you would like to supplement your trading with other indicators we have a large NinjaTrader Ecosystem of 3rd party add on providers that may have what you are looking for. The following links are available publicly.

NinjaTrader Ecosystem 3rd Party Add-Ons
    http://ninjatraderecosystem.com/Part...-Search.php#78

Here are a few partners from that list that may have what you are looking for
    http://dvansmartlines.com/

http://www.futuresfx.ca/

Lastly, if you can't find what you are looking for we have a well curated list of NinjaTrader Ecosystem NinjaScript Consultants. That can help you code what you are looking for.

http://ninjatraderecosystem.com/Part...ultants.php#81

Please let me know if this was helpful or if I may be of any further assistance.
    DanielleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by mdsvtr View Post
      Hi,
      I searched through the NinjaTrader 7 Indicators, and was unable to find a Specific " Standard Deviation : Indicator,
      That plots both above and below , any current days .... 1 , 1.5 , 2 , 2.5 , 3 , 3.5 and 4 Standard Deviation levels

As far as how these Standard Deviation levels would be calculated ..... Maybe calculate them using 3 different timeframe LookBack periods .... 5 , 12 and 20 day LookBack periods perhaps ?

Or maybe better to calculate the Standard Deviation levels based off of the previous days Close ?
      Or from the previous days High and Low ?

I am foreign to coding and programming,
      but hopefully someone can help guide me in the right direction to this type of Indicator.

Thanks for the help
      really appreciate it
      If you draw 7 different standard deviation levels above and below the close and use 3 different lookback periods, this will cluster your chart with 42 useless plots. Before anyone can answer your question, you would need to explain what you really look for.

One way to use standard deviation bands is to apply them to a moving average. Attached are two charts with standard deviation bands / true range bands that are based on different multipliers.
      Attached Files

Comment

Danielle and Harry,
        Thank you both for the replies

Harry , as always .... you have guided me to exactly what I am looking for

Is the Indicator with the Bands that you posted .... is this an Indicator that is listed in the Indicators section by chance ?

I guess in a way .... I could take a standard Bollinger Band , and just plot 3 different Bollinger Bonds on my chart , and just change each of the 3 levels , giving me a 1 , 2 and a 3 deviation ?
        How would I get the " Half point " Deviation levels ( 1.5 , 2.5 and 3.5 ) please ?

A bit off topic,
        But for some reason, the candlesticks on my 60 min chart ( as seen in the attached screenshot ) ..... I can't get the whicks to show up on the Black background chart ?
        A simple change I assume , to be able to see the whicks ?

And also ( reverting back to the same 60 min. CL chart ) ..... It shows the dates at the bottom .... 7/24 , 7/26, 7/27 , 7/28
        But if you look at my chart, from the close of today ..... there are no candles that extend out o the edge of where todays trading should end ( at the 7/29 mark ) ?
        I am wondering if this matters, as I am using Harry's great ( anaCurrentDayOHLV43 ) indicator , and want to make sure that for tomorrow's trading day ( 7-29 ) that the anaCurrentDayOHLV43 calculates correctly , and plots these levels in time , I.E. before the start of tomorrows trading day ( in Central Standard time )

Thanks for the help ,
        Can't say thank you enough

Comment

Comment

I have posted the indicator here:

Futurestrader posted TOS code below in the create indicator for free thread, looking for his TOS code converted to NT. It is a Triple Keltner. Does anyone know if it was done or how to do it. declare weak_volume_dependency; input displace = 0; input displace2 = 0; input displace3 = 0; input factor = 1.75; input factor2 = 2.5; input factor3 = 4; input length = 45; input price = close; def shift = factor * AvgTrueRange(high, close, low, length); def shift2 = factor2 * AvgTrueRange(high, close, low, …

It is available open source.

However, the attachment is an old version which only allows to display triple Keltner Channels. I have added the standard deviation feature later. If you wish to get the lastest version of the indicator, please send me a private message with your e-mail.
            Last edited by Harry; 07-28-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post WHICKED