Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How To Detect Arrows(Signals) On Charts From Other Indicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Detect Arrows(Signals) On Charts From Other Indicators?

I have access to Source Code, and I want to put a separate indicator signal as part of mine.... but have them work separately

so Basically I want to check chart to see if arrow has been recently plotted on chart and add that to criteria for my other indicator

Thanks here is pic of what i want to do

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello,

If you have access to the source code of the indicator this could possibly be done depending on how the indicator works.

In the indicator that generates the triangle, you would need to locate the condition that creates that triangle in the code. Once you locate this portion of code, you would need to modify it to expose a signal or series if it does not already. The script may already have an exposed series you could use and may already be part of the condition, it would really depend on how the indicator is made.

If it does not have an exposed series or value you can access, you could use the following reference sample for exposing series so that a strategy can see it: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=4991

Also you could view how the existing Bollinger indicator exposes its Upper, Middle, and Lower Plots, this would be another way to expose the value so it can be accessed by calling the indicator name followed by the plot.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin  
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes