Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Do you have a step-by-step Procedure to handle De-serialization errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a step-by-step Procedure to handle De-serialization errors?

Hi,

I've come across this problem before and each time its a headache to fix. When I remove input parameters from an indicator, from one version to the next, the new version gets this error. I believe I understand the reason, that there are parameters saved in the .xml files that cannot be de-serialized by the indicator because they no longer exist.

Now, accepting the error and saving the default parameters is not always an option, because some indicators have a lot of parameters and it takes time to set them all up again.

The only way I have been able to fix it is to grep all the .xml files and remove references to the old variables, but this is time consuming and often requires several iterations, and there are other people using my indicators that would not be able to do this for themselves.

Do you have a utility or is there a procedure that I can follow to make my indicator updates more user friendly?

Thanks,
    Will.

Hello dontpanic,

Thank you for writing in. From my understanding of what you are saying, when you (or someone) else imports a new version of your indicator, and either already has a workspace that was using the previous version open or opens a workspace that used the previous version, you get an error message and all of the settings have to be reset. Unfortunately we do not have a utility to resolve these issues.

Have you tried not deleting the parameters in the new version but instead making them unavailable to the user? This would prevent their workspaces from causing these errors. To make a parameter invisible/unavailable to the user, please use the
    "[Browsable(false)]" tag.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post helpwanted  
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes