Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bar Size Recoloring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar Size Recoloring

Does anyone know of an indicator that will change the color of a bar depending on its size. i.e. a bar of 5 points or larger would be given a special color.

I notice something in the list of Version 7 indicators called "Hi Low Bar Size Recoloring" but the data is not available for downloading.

Hello ronrichman,

Thank you for your post.

There is a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

Comment

Please follow the link to a range analysis indicator. The logic is not based on a specific size in points, but a wide range bar is defined as a bar which is the largest of the last N bars. This definition is dynamic not static, as the property "wide range" adjusts to the current volatility.

The concept was introduced by Toby Crabel in his famous book ""Day Trading With Short Term Price Patterns and Opening Range Breakout", which was published about 20 years ago.

The indicator is available open source here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

If you are not an elite member of Big Mike's forum, please send me a private message with your e-mail and I will send you a free copy of the indicator.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Christopher Leggit, 02-15-2024, 09:00 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rdtdale
      by rdtdale

Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes